Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open gun that shoots both major and minor loads

DrLove

I run a full size FGW open gun with the Cheely comp. My major loads are a 176PF with a 115 JHP, minor loads are about a 140PF with either a 124CMJ or 115 JHP. Both loads run the gun perfectly with an 8lb sprinco recoil spring. The strangest part is the fact that my zero does not change when going from major to minor.

I run a full size FGW open gun with the Cheely comp. My major loads are a 176PF with a 115 JHP, minor loads are about a 140PF with either a 124CMJ or 115 JHP. Both loads run the gun perfectly with an 8lb sprinco recoil spring. The strangest part is the fact that my zero does not change when going from major to minor.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Just built a 9mm open gun one and it's running very well with 124gr , 173 PF @ 1.18" and 137pf (re manufactured loads at stock oak) with no spring changes (9# recoil spring). zero doesn't change either.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an older open gun built on an sv. Major load with 8.0 grains hs-6 with a 124 cmj, 171 pf. My minor load is 4.5 grains titegroup with a berrys 124 at 146 pf. POI at distance is a bit off. About 16 inches at 35 yards. But,the Fiance likes the minor load. (it is very soft, but the gun flips a little.) It farts out the minor brass, but whatever.