Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS 40 Barrel

ohsevenflhx

That's interesting indeed...

I I'd some testing and tinkering today. The spot that breaks only has stress the first 1/2 inch as the slide starts to move back. That first 1/2 must be really violent. Therefore I'm stopping to use progressive springs. We'll see if this helps.

My 40 TS runs 100% with a 16lb recoil spring at major pf (factory spring weight of the factory 40 75b). There seems to be a slight obsession with CZ shooters at running the lightest recoil spring they can. As far as I am concerned the function of the recoil spring is to strip the next round off the mag and return the gun to battery, concerns about "feel" regarding the recoil impulse are a bit subjective. In fact the gun will run with factory ammo with spring weights all the way up to 22lbs, but it was my experience that spring weights 18lbs and up can cause "limp wrist" malfuctions if your grip was not as secure (weak hand shooting). I cant help but wonder if people running lighter recoil springs (discounting guns with lightened slides) arent putting excessive wear on the gun.