Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

strike industries recoil buffer

turkishroy

Anyone seen or used one of these things?

http://strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=Frame+Shock+Buffer

At only seven dollars a piece I ordered a couple to try out in my 5.25 9mm and, if it fits, my 4.5 .45 ( they only have tested fitment in the 9/40 5.25 and 4.5) . Just curious to know if anyone else has had experience with these.

Edited by turkishroy

I think I might have to try one on my Glock.

edit...never mind, I just ordered one...

For the price, it wouldn't hurt to find out if it makes a difference. Might shoot them an email and ask about round count life expectancy/ replacement interval. While I'm at it, if anyone can think of any other useful questions I'll include them while I'm at it.

I think I might have to try one on my Glock.

edit...never mind, I just ordered one...

For the price, it wouldn't hurt to find out if it makes a difference. Might shoot them an email and ask about round count life expectancy/ replacement interval. While I'm at it, if anyone can think of any other useful questions I'll include them while I'm at it.

I read some reviews on various other forums and most people said that there was a noticeable difference in muzzle flip.

I also read a few posts where individuals were saying that they don't last very long. It would be good to get an answer straight from the manufacturer on life expectancy. Please post the response you get.

I did put one of these in my XDM 5.25 but I also installed the PRP Ultimate Match trigger along with a SS guide rod with a 16 pd spring. I went to do a little 3 gun practice today. I did have every intention of shooting with and then without the Shock Buffer. I am sorry to say I got caught up in how much of improvement my trigger was I completely forgot to do this. I can say that there was a noticeable difference in recoil and barrel flip but I cant say that it was due to just the buffer with adding the SS guide rod and spring. I can however say that racking the slide you can tell a difference with the buffer in. Its hard to explain the different feeling just softer. I am sorry that this isn't a true review because I forgot to make the switch just to many changes going on at once. I do plan on getting out this weekend and I will post my results.

It is a weird looking neon green type color but it did fit perfectly in my handgun.

Edited by swedge58

I plan on doing a thorough test. wish I had a timer though, then I could actually have an imperical way to check the splits

I like where you're going with this.

it'll have to be subjective feel, maybe if there's a noticeable difference in sight recovery but I'm gonna wring this thing out before I'm comfortable relying on it to function at idpa matches. not to mention if it proves itself to do its job I'm gonna pop one in my carry gun. I may have to go through the life of a couple of them before I'll trust it in my carry gun.