Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken RL 1050 main shaft

Hey gang. My main shaft in my old RL 1050 broke today while I was processing 223 brass. The question I have is should I go ahead and send the the machine in for rebuild or just order the main shaft?

Thanks for the advice

Retread

I am with you in the buried in work part. I didn't even get time to call them today it is still on the list for tomorrow.

The press is still in good shape overall. Just old; this particular one was manufactured in the late 80's.

With the shooting season upon us I think I will wait order the part and wait until the end of the season for the rebuild.

It's an easy fix. Maybe a couple of hours to tear down and put back together. You'll probably spend that much time figuring out how to pack it up and dropping it off at UPS/FedEx.

I agree. These machines are actually very simple. Do it yourself.

It's an easy fix. Maybe a couple of hours to tear down and put back together. You'll probably spend that much time figuring out how to pack it up and dropping it off at UPS/FedEx.

Agreed. I am sure that sending it back will net a perfectly working machine and may even reveal a part I am not aware of being worn out. But I need to crank out 40 for the IPSC season and that will delay me sending it back.