Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 625 PC value?

Thereaper

I have decided to sell my 4" PC 625-8 made or shipped in 2002 according to the fired case envelope. This gun is serial KCB00XX has the lock but forged parts, all the docs, demooner & clips, the wax paper and the Performance center aluminum case ,original laminated gray green grips,quick change gold bead front sight. gun has about 125 rounds thru it and is super tight. what do you think it is worth?

They did another run of 4" 625-PCs fairly recently, so I don't think your gun will really command that much of a premium over any other 4" 625. Maybe one of the little old hens on the S&W Forum would pay something extra for the collectability.

The 5.25" 625-PCs are another matter. They are fairly desirable (although not necessarily any better for competition shooting than any plain old 5" 625) and getting pretty tough to locate.

They did another run of 4" 625-PCs fairly recently, so I don't think your gun will really command that much of a premium over any other 4" 625.

The PC guns I've looked at over the last 2 years or so (including the new 625s) had MIM triggers, and I assume other MIM internals. MIM's not a big deal for me, but AFAIK, there was a time when PC premium got you all-forged internals, while the rest of their line went MIM. The OP's 2002 PC gun, then, is likely all-forged inside, and if included in the sale description, would likely bring a premium.

Tom

Nice to know, I'm still using my PC 625 5.25" barrel, liked the idea of a slightly lighter barrel and thought the shorter cylinder might have some advantage. Never gave a thought that the factory "Tuning" would be worthwhile, and it wasn't. The other stuff really are non issues also. But i've finally got a load combo that works great in it and do like it. If'n the 8 shot thing actually happens, I hope I haven't destroyed the PC's value by beating it half to death!