Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glocks and high round count

Nimitz

For any of you who have a lot of rounds through your Glock (50,000 +) are there any parts (besides springs) which I should be on the lookout to wearout first? I'm currently at 30,000 and will easily break 50,000 by the end of the year. Thx

i have 150,000 through my glock 35. i replaced all springs once near the begining. the only items which broke or wore out and were replaced (somewhere south of 100,000 was the slide stop and the trigger spring. of course i replace the magazine springs every two years just to make sure they kept working in competition

Various. Often, it is just a periodic visually inspection.

On my high mileage G35, the tip broke off during a match. It got feed into the chamber along side a fresh round. It wedge the round and caused a jam. I probably had 30-50k rounds through that gun at the time. After clearing out the bits and pieces, that striker, with a nub of a firing pin, worked and worked for thousands more rounds.

Trigger (the one on the connector) spring is a likely issue.

Personally, I replace recoil springs and trigger spring every 10K rounds.

At 100K I replaced EVERYTHING on the gun. Cost about $150. Put all the parts in a bag. I carry them with me to a match. If I need a part that works in my gun I now have a spare.