Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New car

38supPat

My boss was talking to me today and said he has some big service contracts coming up and he wants me to handle them...something about me being good with customers

Anyway, hes offering me a deal on getting a new car for service use, he'll give me $600 a month as long as I get something that is useful as a service vehicle (so I guess a 350Z is out )

Since its mostly tech work and I'm in a lot of undergrounds I'm leaning towards a Mazda Protege 5 (bonus: I can say I own an MP-5 ) anyone have one? Comments?

Other choice is a Nissan Frontier Pickup, its not the best choice but I'm on good terms with the Nissan guys here and can get a really decent deal.

Chioces, choices

Pat - the Syclone and Typhoon were twin-turbo V6 powered S-15 pickup and S-15 Jimmy (suv) vehicles.  AWD to boot.  As a matter of fact, in 1991 as I remember, the Syclone (basically unaltered, just some safety add-ons) held the the title of Worlds Fastest Production vehicle when it when 204.xx mph at Bonneville.  Of course, when GM sold it to the public, they put a limter of some sort on it, b/c nothing can be faster than the flagship, the Corvette.

In a word, they are bad azzzzzz (basically can stomp anything up to 135 mph this side of a Dodge Viper)!!!  Oh, one other important thing: they haven't been manufactured since about 1996 (I think).

Quote: from Pat Harrison on 11:03 am on Jan. 22, 2003

I haven't seen them, will they sell for under $20,000?

Yes, you can get a nice one for in the teens.  Stock they run low 13's in the 1/4 mile.  All you have to do is add a sway bar.....

Quote: from BigDave on 10:29 am on Jan. 22, 2003

thread drift:  You're right Pat.  I'd still like to see Mitsubishi import the
real
Lancer Evolution and Subaru the
real
WRX.  That sure would make Detroit nervous.

Supposedly those two are on the way, the Evo VIII and a version of the WRV/STI with a turbo 2.5 that should get around 300 hp....wheeee!