Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Single Stack question

fox3091

I have a 9mm RIA Single Stack that I would (pending cost) like to comp and attach optics to. The idea would be to build a fun gun and possibly get my feet wet in Open division IPSC or Steel Challenge. My buddy has a 9mm Major load that he has run through the gun in its current form, so I should be covered there.

What will be the most "bang for the buck" route for me to go as far as installing a comp? I have the factory bushing-barrel combo installed now.

Suggestion for optic setups would be appreciated too.

Sti trubor barrel for steel challenge it is t bad to use a ss open gun but for uspsa your wayyy under gunned running with guys with 30 rounds in the gun or more. For steel challenge a minor load is the way to go with a light bullet and a gassy powder like hs 6 etc

Edited by EkuJustice

Sti trubor barrel for steel challenge it is t bad to use a ss open gun but for uspsa your wayyy under gunned running with guys with 30 rounds in the gun or more. For steel challenge a minor load is the way to go with a light bullet and a gassy powder like hs 6 etc

Thanks. I know I will be more than a little under-gunned, but I enjoy shooting the single stack. I'm in it to compete against myself right now anyway.

IMHO. You will be frustrated. There is so much competition in Open and unless your barrel is ported in addition to compensated 9 major will have harder recoil than 38 super; plus you are on a 1911 vs a 2011 platform? You say you are doing this just to compete against yourself then just shoot single stack. As far as red dot sights C-more and Delta Point

If you want to set the gun up as you describe use it for Steel Challenge only. You will get frustrated shooting open with 10 shot mags. You can be very competitive in SC with a 9 mm SS open gun. If you really enjoy shooting open look around for a nice used 9mm Major Open gun.