Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

loading XDS mags

Padraig

Is It me or is loading the last two rounds in an XDS 5 round mag a real bear. I am not a new shooter and have shot a carried 1911s for many years. However a 1911 mag is easy to load. I struggle with the last two in my XDS. Do they get easier with use?

Padraig

Edited by Padraig

Is It me or is loading the last two rounds in an XDS 5 round mag a real bear. I am not a new shooter and hve shot a carried 1911s for many years. However a 1911 mag is east to load. I struggle with the las two in my XDS. Do they get easier with use?

Padraig

Load them up and let them sit for a few days. This should greatly help with easing to load them after you do this.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

:D

Thanks!

I think I am going to like this pistol. Just picked it up Tuesday, and will likely not get to the range till the weekend. Darn work keeps interfering with my fun! I am used to shooting a light weight Officers Model 45 so this should little gun shouldn't bother me. In the meantime I have loaded my two mags and will let them sit. I have also ordered (through Springfield an additional 5 round and the 7 round. It looks like 6 to 8 weeks to get them. Sure glad it came with two!

I love my XDS... BIG improvement over my PF-9. The XDS is actually comfortable to shoot. If your pinky is hanging down when using the 5-rounders I highly recommend getting the Pearce grip extensions. They don't add any extra rounds, but having that small pinky rest really helps with controlability.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind although I am hoping I will not need a grip extension as I hate adding any size to a conceal carry pistol. A grip extension would put overall height close to my Officers Model 1911 although the XDS would still be lighter and shorter.

• 2 weeks later...