Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 USPSA Nationals Location?

Because if they used last year's format they'd actually shoot the first match over 2.5 days starting Sunday a.m., the second match would be shot over 2.5 days starting Wed. p.m. ---- that gives 'em a day to change the stages, for any weather problems, and for shoot-offs/prize tables.....

So it would be Fri-Sat out, Sun - Tues night at least in Barry, Wed-Thurs home if all goes well.....

My preference would be for a week out there --- I found it much more relaxing this year than last year.....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nik caugt my error. You need to travel Friday to get there to shoot Sunday. If on the otherhand, they start Monday as I said, I still lose a week of work, so why not just run as we did in 04?

Relaxing pace, plenty of oppurtunity for the weather to affect everyone. a couple years back they ran back to back, the first match was great, the second got blown down and had to be rebuilt.

Jim

Sestock - "What club has enough certified and experience RO's to put a match on? None. You have to import the talent."

I know that the Area 2 only has 11 stages, but I would bet that the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club has enough certified and willing RO's and CRO's to staff a big event - such as the Nationals. There are only a very few "officials" that are from other states for the Rio Salado Desert Classic - this being our 17th year. Last year we had 402 shooters in 2 ½ days. We're cutting back to 350 this year. If we had the room... I think we could pull it off - staff wise.

A2Chic

Yeah, I've heard that song before. Must be posted to the web site by the same goober who didn't bother to post the interim stage results the first three days of the Nationals...

Amuses me how a state-level match with all of one overworked, unpaid stats guy can get the results posted twenty minutes after the last shot is fired, but the Big Show can't do it with a paid and highly trained professional handpicked staff. Go figure. But that should really be in a hate rant...although I'm about number 3,402 to complain about the same thing :ph34r:

Back on topic...now 1730 (Central time) on the SECOND of November and nothing...so much for insider information.

Alex