Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

COMMERCIALS

bountyhunter

It really is flipping ridiculous. In the 60's, a commercial break on network TV used to be one minute long. Now a typical commercial break is 3.5 - 4.5 minutes. Who can they possibly think would sit through that without punching out or watching something else?

What's bad is when they rerun old shows like Twilight Zone or the like, they were made back when total commercial content was about 10 minutes per hour. Now the commercial content is about twice that, so there isn't enough left of the show to follow.

I think most people like me have DVRs and record everything so they can watch uninterrupted. You can also watch 1.5 hours of network TV in one hour.

When you think about it, their greed has killed the golden goose. They cram so many commercials in a show that they are past the point where anybody is watching anymore.

Of course, the other issues are the fact that commercials are intentionally obnoxious to "be memorable" and have the volume at least 10 dB louder than the program.....

Just keep going, nobody is watching anymore.

Most of our shows we watch are recorded, to watch at our convenience (and pray we don't read any spoilers...argh!).

But I do have to say that I have to watch sporting events live. If I know who wins, I won't end up watching it.

Same here. LOL When I watch football I fast forward until I see a score change then back up to watch it. Takes about half an hour to watch the Bengals get their asses kicked. It eases the suffering! :roflol: :eatdrink:

Most of our shows we watch are recorded, to watch at our convenience (and pray we don't read any spoilers...argh!).

But I do have to say that I have to watch sporting events live. If I know who wins, I won't end up watching it.

Yeah, I watch sports too. It's funny that basketball games have "TV timeouts" for commercials. I used to watch golf, most golf telecasts are one long commercial randomly interrupted by a guy swinging a golf club.

I tuned into the Daytona 500 last week and couldn't believe it: non stop commercials, but they said that the last ten laps would not be "interrupted" because they were going "side by side"..... which is to say they keep cramming in commercials on the main screen with commercial audio and the race video is on the tiny corner screen...... ONE PROBLEM: I have a 4:3 ratio TV screen and the "edge video" that FOX puts on it's screens is off the edge! Nothing there.

Idiots.

Edited by bountyhunter