Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN SLP Mk1 price

tohm

I am trying to get my M2 to TSS and need to sell my FN SLP Mk1, a friend of mine is interested and I want to offer him a fair price. It has had the lifter welded, loading well opened up, bigger bolt handle, bolt release button, nordic follower and has the original barrel and the ribbed FN (lighter weight) 24" barrel w/Hi Viz sight. What would be a fair current market value?

Thanks

Tom

If the loading port was done well and works for his style...in the $1100 to $1300 range if the round count is over 500 but under 3K and it runs 100%. It might be better to see which barrel he wants and sell the other barrel yourself.

If the loading port was done well and works for his style...in the $1100 to $1300 range if the round count is over 500 but under 3K and it runs 100%. It might be better to see which barrel he wants and sell the other barrel yourself.

Yeah, I was thinking in the ball park of $1200, if the port work is clean and neat and it runs extremely well. I hate sloppy port work. If someone got buck nutty with a dremel, the value goes down.

Edited by co-exprs

Thanks for the feedback! I am going to take it over to him tomorrow. The round count is around 500 (never shot with the 24" barrel, i moved) and the only problem i had was running AA Xtra light target loads. I thought that would be cool if i could get away with them, but it was not to be. With Federal Walmart I have never had an ounce of problem. I was at a shoot with Tod Litt and he took it and had the guy who does his work do it. I have not shot a lot of 3 gun, however since I moved I am going to shoot the Indiana match series and liked the feel of my friends M2 he had done with Triangle.

It was clearly done in a vertical mill and doing it by hand for the first time i would think would be difficult. That is why i asked Tod to have his guy do it because i didn't want to screw up an expensive gun as mentioned above detract from the value.

Thanks Everyone for your input! I have a good and fair price point to work with.

Tom