Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Match Revo project

Airedale

Aikidale holds a monthly, for fun only, steel match. Yesterday's targets were pink and lavender and white but that's irrevlevant and something Aikidale can explain. :D

I normally shoot my PPC gun or my 625.

I took the 627PC gun yesterday for Mrs. Airedale to shoot. She liked it well enough until someone let her shoot their open blaster.

Now she is interested in a dot on her 627PC.

I don't want to spend $200-300 on a Cmore or Aimpoint. I just want something she can use for this fun match.

I searched optics in Revo and Open and got ideas but someone has to have completed this project already.

What mount do you recommend and what optic?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I'm not an expert but have been using a dot on a Revo for a few years. They are great for steel stages. I like to keep the scope as low as possible. The newer Smiths come already drilled and tapped for a mount. I believe Weaver makes a mount for Smiths. If you can find a Tasco PDP3 on E-Bay for under $100 it is a good deal. Stay away from the PDP4 cause they made so few of them and that is what I want and don't need you getting the good stuff :D If you go with some of the less expensive Dots ( Basarka and BSA) around $30.00 you might have to do some dremel work on the mount. It is easily done. I tried the BSA but it would work for me as I shoot a little farther distances and did not seem to hold up for me. But for fun shooting once in a while it may be the ticket. Good Luck later rdd

You might look at this website for ideas.Revos of the AZwWildbunch

There's a ProPoint 4 on Ebay and I didn't bid on it! ;)

Has anyone tried the moonclip speedloaders on the Az Wildbunch link? The video wasn't clear enough for these old eyes.

I would think if they are the ticket (as claimed) all the revo shooters would be using them.

Anyone tried them?

Dave

Aikidale holds a monthly, for fun only, steel match. Yesterday's targets were pink and lavender and white but that's irrevlevant and something Aikidale can explain. :D

Glad to see you and the Mrs. having such a good time Airedale. Anyone who wants to learn the Zen secrets of pastel steel must come to the match. ;)

There's a ProPoint 4 on Ebay and I didn't bid on it! ;)

Has anyone tried the moonclip speedloaders on the Az Wildbunch link? The video wasn't clear enough for these old eyes.

I would think if they are the ticket (as claimed) all the revo shooters would be using them.

Anyone tried them?

Dave

I have tried the "cure for the floppy moon", (Thank you Phil Rosato, .... a real gentleman ), on my 686 - machined cylinder, ..... are fantastic, i have seen the reload velocity increased in fews dry-fire training, (just to take the right practice).

They are a real advantage for Icore and others revos shooting.

I have tried the "Phil Rosato creature" ...... :P

Sorry to hijack the thread but I recieved an email about this thread. I tried to reply and the response came back as undeliverable. Leroy if you have a different email let me know, I'm not being rude or ignoring your email. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Thanks, Chris