Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally got my 930 JM Pro

stinsonbeach

I've been waiting since August & just got it - tho I ordered a 22" I took the 24" - yesterday. It was NOT what I expected. I saw one back during the summer & it was all de-horned & de-burred. The one I got looks like some machine stamped it out & sent it off w/o even giving it a once over. The magwell has a nick in it that is going to catch & rip my thumb too many times to think about. The stocks are junk. I've been an 1100 guy (I'm really an 870 guy, tho that ain't an auto) but the 930 JM Pro was - at least the one I first saw - something that was too good to pass up...I should'a passed even though I got an unbelievable price. I guess you get what you pay for.

Last Mossberg I'll ever buy. It'll wind up as a ranch gun in Idaho.

Edited by stinsonbeach

Sounds like you got the Academy special. I picked one up last year for like $599 at Academy Sporting goods, its runs like a wild banshee.

If you have feed problems, like shells catching in the tube, unscrew the clamp, and use something like a plumb bob or the round part of a ball peen hammer to shape the end of the magazine tube. Polish it with sandpaper and refit the nordic extension. A small piece of 3m double sided industrial grade tape on one side of the barrel and tube in the barrel clamp, and your good to go.