Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

polishing feed ramps

kimberacp

I recently saw a video about polishing the feed ramps on the barrel. I have just reinstalled my barrel and had no idea about this.

How important is it? The gun before and am sure it will just fine but in the back of my mind, like the V8 commerical,,,

I could have had a V8!!!!!!

thanks

I must be in a wise ass mood:

Are you a Marine or seen a Marine's shoe/boot shine? Well his boots were no more comfortable or effective than my Navy boon dockers.

The stupid part aside, I do a mirror like polish on the feed ramps of my pistols. But it is just tooo much work to do it on my rifles. Besides, I have never heard or seen written the JP recommends routinely polishing their feed ramps.

And I just had a V8--got my veggies for the day.

Polishing is one thing, matching is another. It is important to match feed ramps to the lower. If you have a lower with M4 feed ramps and barrel extension without them, you could have a problem. In this case you need to grind in feed ramps, or have someone do it for you.

As for actually polishing feed ramps, it's not a big deal to take some Flitz and a felt wheel on a Dremel or drill and in about a minute, have them looking like chrome. This makes the round enter the ramp and chamber with as little friction and damage to the nose of the round as possible. Does it help? Do you shoot that well to notice? I don't, but you might. :)

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

I must be in a wise ass mood:

Are you a Marine or seen a Marine's shoe/boot shine? Well his boots were no more comfortable or effective than my Navy boon dockers.

you, sir, are wrong!

Yea, I remember breaking those suckers down till there was no boot finish left on them (in the white) LOL, then dye and start over...Made for one nice soft ass comfy pair of boots!

Semper Fi