Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom CZ/Tanfo Comp

kneelingatlas

Is anyone making custom comps for CZs/Tanfoglios?

Here's my story: I had always imagining having one frame with a .40 slide for Limited and a comped 9mm one for Open. My first idea was to get a Gold Team, then a Limited Conversion, but I heard enough bad things about the V12 to stick to CZ. CZ Custom said they would fit a .40 slide to a Czechmate for me, but I couldn't bring myself to dump over four grand on the setup, so I just bought a TS and put my Open dreams on the shelf a while. When I came across a used SP01 9mm slide and was off to the races! I threaded a 9mm TS barrel M14x0.75 for a small frame, three port Witness comp I found on Numrich, come to find out it was actually for .40, so needless to say it was less than what I had hoped for. The two port 9mm comp pictured below works, but not as well as the three port .40 comp, so my question is: is there someone out there who can copy the three port comp with tighter exit holes, or better yet, make me a custom comp with a more modern design like a Brazos Thunder comp?

Thanks for your help

CZ75OpenSport_zpsf5547582.jpg

Rich did the weight reduction on my Limited slide, but when I talked to him about the comp, he said he only did cone comps. I'm not afraid to buy another barrel and cut a different thread on it, but as understand it, the OD of a 1911/2011 barrel is .575" and the OD of my barrel is only .550" so I'm stuck with a comp designed for a small frame Tanfo (.550" also) or something custom right?

I also though about barrel ports like a Gold Team, but given the limitations on cartarage length, I don't want to waste any powder.

I think the best approach for me is to find someone who will make a copy of my three port comp, but with tighter exit holes.

Edited by kneelingatlas