Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry Miculek does it again !!!!!

hopalong

For those who have not seen them here you go !

Jerry Miculek GM 100% Great guy !!!!!!

Patrick Sweeney A 79.34% Shoot off winner

Cliff Walsh B 76.63% Put out of shoot off by Sweeny

Dillard Winters B 75.38% Elimintated Jerry in the shoot offs WAY TO GO put out by Sweeny

James Burcham B 70.53%

Sam Keen B 70.43% (thats me)

James Austin B 70.22%

Thomas Mainus B 65.80%

John Richards B 64.16%

John Jawor B 63.30%

Joe Justice B 61.49%

Arthur Lasseigne B 60.86%

Mike Carraher Jr. B 58.88%

Robert Perdue B 57.63%

Richard Timberlake B 56.38%

Stanly Pankala B 53.80%

Leonard Spoharski D 36.85%

Guys last year when Rudy shot in the Factory gun Nationals he had a low 80% so we are slowly catching the Incredible one, keep up the good work.

Leonard, if you are reading this way to go!! keep it up and don't let anyone intimidate you.

The match was great, except for having to shoot only 4 stages a day (except for the one day we shot 7 and 3 were the steel stages) I went to shoot the Nationals, not 5 days of club matches (thats what it felt like to me).

The stages were fairly easy to manipulate with a revolver as there were not may standing reloads unless you missed or hit no shoots.

Aierdale, Next YEAR if you are not there I will personally drive up to KY and kick your BUTT !!!! and maybe MRS Aierdale will want to try it (sure what the heck)

Rant Mode ON:

USPSA appears to not care if Revolver Division is there or not we have to show them that we are not an (oh yea there were some guys there shooting revolvers) Division.

Rant Mode Off:

Now, I did not get to see Jerry shoot at all as he and I and the rest of the revolvers all shot on the same time schedule but on different squads but I understand the "Revolver Squad" was fun to be in. I was not part of that squad as it evidently was full and had requested shooting with a co-pilot (bottomfeeder)

Jerry did not win every stage, he did win 22 of the 24 though.

Cliff Walsh won the Dark House and Patrick Sweeney Won stage 16 (I think)

That is it for now, keep the wheels turning and get out and lets get the numbers up.

Hopalong / Sam Keen

Way to go Sam and Patrick!!! B)B)

One question. I spoke with the EC2004 nr. 3 Hermann Kirchweger after the EuroChampionships. He said Rudy used to live in Austria and was one of his shooting buddies. My question is: How does Rudy compare to the other US shooters? Where would you think he'd end up in a match like these last Nationals?

Spook,

I have not personally seen Rudy in action.... BUT the bottom feeder guy I shoot with quite often, has shot with him and he says there is room for improvement between Rudy and Myself ( he is giving me constructive critisism )

As you well know the classification system does not take in the abilities of a shooter to shoot field courses and that is what makes the difference here in the US

I myself am not fleet footed but generally make up for it with my shooting therefore soon I will not be able to match my classification to match performance as I ended up doing here ( 70.43% = B class) which I think will change as soon as this months classifcation routine is run.

So to answer your question.

When Jerry is there unless he does something real bad or breaks he will win...

When Rudy is there unless he does something real bad or breaks he will be second.

when the rest of us are there we play the spoilers as if they do not shoot their level someone or more will get the stage win and take away some of their match points.

Hopalong

Sam that should be Jim Burch not Burcham. Did you get to shoot with Lenny and Jim??? I was just wondering who was giving Lenney a hard time....I have learned a bunch from him over the last few years. I hope to come out with them to a National shoot soon. We always give each other a hard time but it is all in fun. Good job I saw on a few stages you were right up at the top. I can't wait to see Jerry shoot live some day........Later John

Para45,

Sorry for the missprint, I got it off the USPSA website and the name and number ran together so it looks like this, James Burcha28983 and No I did not get to shoot with any other revover shooters as I had requested shooting with my bottom feeder buddy CJL32 and that would have put too many on the "revolver squad"

Spook,

That was a no movement classifer and I just let it hang WAY out.

I read Patrick Sweeneys thread about how he shot the match and I was not too far off of what he did and actually think I came up with a few better ideas but was not able to put pencil to paper (6 misses and 2 no shoots fo the match) as he states points make up for speed and penalties.

Keep up the good work guys, my next USPSA match.....

Arkansas Factory gun match October 3 then Mississippi Section the next weekend.

See ya'll there.

SAM

Hopalong,

I doubt that I'll be at the Nationals anytime soon. I take one week of vacation a year and the Airedales and I spend a week in Iowa chasing pheasant. They would be highly PO'd if they didn't get their favorite trip of the year.

Good report on the Nationals!

Thanks,

Dave

Another great performance by Jerry.

In some ways Jerry isn't really being tested due to the small pool of Revo guys he goes against. And that is unfortunate.

I sure do hope that Revo becomes a bit of a bigger world while Jerry is still active. And if he stays healthy we still have some years to grow that involvement, if it can be done.

Maybe he is that much better but I can think of no other area in any sport where the top man can beat the entire field my 20%.

As good as some of the folks are, something isn't quite right when the closest anyone can come to Jerry is 79.34% in the Nationals.

I hope nobody takes what I say in the wrong way. I truly appreciate watching Jerry shoot and know that I am not likely to be a challanger but I just think if there were a bigger batch of shooters to draw from, it should be a much tighter contest.

Pardon my mini-rant.

I can't speak for the rest, but I know that 80% of Jerry's performance is not my ceiling. And what with the World Shoot to get geared up for next year, I'll be doing a lot between now and the next Nationals to close that gap.

Jerry is a wizard, but he's just a guy. He spent years honing his skill at a time when the only outlet for hi-speed wheelgun shooting was Second Chance. Now that IPSC has an outlet, he's twenty years of practice ahead of the rest of us. Imagine what IPSC would have been like if in 1980 or so, some talented guy comes out of nowhere who has spent years working on getting super fast?

Jerry is also a nice guy, and knows what it takes to excell and win. I'm sure if (or more likely when) I show up next year and shoot the first day at 90%+ of his scores, he's going to turn the wick up.

A bigger pool would bring more shooters in with high skill levels, but one thing that will always mitigate against us is that the skillset to do well with a revolver in IPSC is much larger than that of pistols. Someone who wants to shoot with a wheelgun has a steeper learning curve to get good than the guy with a brand new Lim or L-10.

I totally agree with you and I hope you didn't take anything I said as sniping at anyone or at Jerry.

Jerry is a nice guy and he is a extremely strong competitior.

I just want Revo to grow, but I am at a loss as to how to go about it.

Although as my youngest son moves into the Practical Shooting world, I will make sure he gets a bunch of exposure to the Revo end of things.

Patrick, I agree with you. Jerry is beatable. He is just fortunate that Revolvers now have their own division after he spent years and years working with them. I think it's cool OTOH that "we" as revolver shooters, have Jerry as our standard (at this moment). Imagine what revolver would be like without Jerry :( I doubt it would still exist... I can only speak for myself, but the one of the things that kept me shooting wheelies is the chance to face Jerry.

Viggen, I'm doing my best at the moment to prepare myself for the World Shoot. My goal is not to get in the 90+% range of Jerry. My goal is to let Jerry get in the 90+% range of me ;)

Viggen,

Look at Stage Comments or Questions thread then go to the of Flashlights and Flashlights types thread, that is how I shot it and would again if needed.

Patrick explained how he did it on his running account of the match in this "revolver" thread.

Yes I agree with ya'll about Jerry he has had 20 years to get this far, and we hope to catch him in 2 or 3 ????

IMHO as long as USPSA has Nationals that combine divisions only the die hard revolver shooters will shoot, the others will shoot what they are more familiar with and have more confidence in.

Rant Mode ON

Yes I agree that 5 separate Nationals would be expensive but I'm sure that maybe if these things were promoted differently or maybe the money was not spent on getting all types of Civic Centers and Senior Centers to have meetings and awards it could be used to other avenues.

Or maybe this: If our current leaders cant get these matches in under budget maybe we need new leaders who can.

Take for instance- US world shoot teams.... there has never been a Revolver Team, only Jerry representing us and what a great man to have to do that but If our orginization cared half as much for not only us but L-10 and Production as they do Limited and Open we would have 5 teams and maybe more (extra L and O) as there are more of them to go around.

Our Corporate sponsors should feel a little shafted in some of the ways thier sponsorship moneys are being used, If I was S&W or Barretta and the Organization I was pouring money into did not promote down my alley I would pull my $$$$ pronto.

Rant Mode OFF

Sorry for that guys but sometimes I just have to blow off steam.

Spook, we all need goals they are what gets us to the next level keep at it. Not that I want Jerry to get beat but that just gets the level just a little higher.

SAM KEEN