Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

front sight lift?

Grinch

my last time shooting I was trying to catch the front sight lift off the target. I remeber in the past being able to see it with a sig p226 I was shooting. I just couldnt seem to catch it with my hi cap 1911. I would pull the trigger and I would only catch the muzzle as it appoched the top of its flip.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks

Try just shooting calmly into the berm and *observing* without really aiming at anything. *Trying* to see/do something almost guarantees that it won't happen. Good shooters do things well and quickly because they allow themselves to be open to sensory input. It will happen for you too. You just need to let it happen.

Try just shooting calmly into the berm and *observing* without really aiming at anything. *Trying* to see/do something almost guarantees that it won't happen. Good shooters do things well and quickly because they allow themselves to be open to sensory input. It will happen for you too. You just need to let it happen

In addition to this, you might want to double plug (ear plugs and ear muffs). The drastic reduction of sound might help you observe your sights. It's one less thing to draw your attention away.

EricW's suggestion may seem "odd" but it works.