Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

End of the big magazine ban

shadetree

Why would magazine capacity change?

here are some reasons.

10 round limit in SSP and ESP were meant to keep guns equal, my glock holds 17, my beretta 15. and my beretta 40 11... almost all service pistols hold 10 that makes the field equal.

IDPA limits COF's to 18 rounds, this is about 6 times the number of rounds in most gunfights, again keeping it from becoming extremely complicated and drawn out.

if the limit goes to 12 then that puts single stack 1911's out of the running in ESP, they are a huge force there. along with a lot of other upsets which could be caused there will be no change of magazine capacity.

The thing that will change though!!!! having tuned glocks, beretta's and played with many other platforms, i can testify that a "high" capacity magazine feeds and functions far better than the 10 round magazines built to fit in a gun meant for more. the slide cycles much smoother onl ight sprung guns. so i see a lot more shooters using full capacity magazines and using 10 rounders for abuse and dry fire.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see any changes in that regard for many of the same reasons already addressed. However, IDPA has made rule changes in the past for no logical reason that only served to screw over those who had the previously legal equipment. The S&W 625 5" revolver comes to mind.