Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Rocket Trigger Break (Need Help)

GregSmith

Hey Guys!

Another question for all of you gun-savvy people out there. I'm a super new shooter and tried my first mod. I just installed the Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector. Took a bunch of times filing, testing, filing, testing to get the trigger to break. I finally got it to break consistently, but here's my concern and question:

When the trigger breaks, it's WAY to the back of the trigger housing. Pre-travel of the trigger is super long. I'm pulling it all the way to the back, then it breaks. The reset is super short. (Like 1mm or 2mm) I love THAT part of it, but I feel like the trigger should break closer to the middle of the trigger housing. (Hope my poor terminology doesn't throw you off.)

This short video shows how I want it to work...and this IS what it does, except it's all the way back toward the grip.

Is it just a matter of filing more of the TCT off? If not, can I do anything to get the break to be in the center of the triger guard? Can a Ghost Rocket connector EVER function like the Glockworx Fulcrum in the video? Obviously, I was trying to save some money by just doing the connector... But I've heard a lot of good things about the Ghost Rocket connector.

I'm ready to be LEARNED! Thanks in advance!

G

I have a couple of GR connectors. They exhibit longer than factory pre travel. Not terrible it longer. They are easy enough to bend down a bit to get them to release earlier. You just need to lower the tab that engages the trigger bar a small amount. A NY trigger "spring" helps it feel a bit better to me, but I like shooting revolvers.

I don't have a Glockworks trigger so no basis to compare.

You can get pretty good results with factory parts that's how I prefer to do it now.

I have done several rockets, they break at the back. It only affects pre travel on the first shot, great for shorter fingers. Before you start bending stuff, try he lonewolf connector. My buddy swears by them and his breaks towards the beginning of travel.

Hey Guys!

Another question for all of you gun-savvy people out there. I'm a super new shooter and tried my first mod. I just installed the Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector. Took a bunch of times filing, testing, filing, testing to get the trigger to break. I finally got it to break consistently, but here's my concern and question:

When the trigger breaks, it's WAY to the back of the trigger housing. Pre-travel of the trigger is super long. I'm pulling it all the way to the back, then it breaks. The reset is super short. (Like 1mm or 2mm) I love THAT part of it, but I feel like the trigger should break closer to the middle of the trigger housing. (Hope my poor terminology doesn't throw you off.)

This short video shows how I want it to work...and this IS what it does, except it's all the way back toward the grip.

Is it just a matter of filing more of the TCT off? If not, can I do anything to get the break to be in the center of the triger guard? Can a Ghost Rocket connector EVER function like the Glockworx Fulcrum in the video? Obviously, I was trying to save some money by just doing the connector... But I've heard a lot of good things about the Ghost Rocket connector.

I'm ready to be LEARNED! Thanks in advance!

G

the Fulcrum trigger kit comes with an allen wrench to adjust both the connector and trigger. my opinion the kit works better with the Ghost Rocket. Edited by MARKAVELI