Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.38sc Limited Major

whip

I currently shoot a custom .38 sc Viper in Open. The loads are hot, but the gun has a ported barrel ( top and sides) and a break on it. It makes major easily.

I want to play in the Limited division for awhile. Since STI mags are pricey and out of stock everywhere now, I would like stay with .38sc and just buy an STI Limited pistol. I assume I would have to load my rounds a little lighter to safely run them through a non-ported, non-break barrel, but will I still make major?

Thanks for the info. I didn't even think a bout the minimum caliber. So, if I want to shoot limited major, I am going to have to open the wallet a get .40 mags? I think I am going to cry!

Thanks for the info. I didn't even think a bout the minimum caliber. So, if I want to shoot limited major, I am going to have to open the wallet a get .40 mags? I think I am going to cry!

Yup. Sucks doesn't it? I wish they would allow 38 Super to qualify for Major in Limited, and the other divisions (except production). The targets can't tell if your gun has a compensator or not! :goof: It just forces us to buy more guns. :surprise:

Edited by superdude

if they allowed major smaller than 40 then the 40 caliber guns would be outdated overnight

Okay. Lets do it! I would prefer to see the rules make sense. Having a round qualify for Major in one class but not others is not rational. (Production class excluded.) There's simply no reason for it. With the lower power factor one can easily make Major with 38 Super and remain within SAAMI pressure specs for a wide range of bullet weights.