Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me decide something

midget

I am trying to make my mind up with the finishing touches on my new AR. I am currently looking at sending my upper receiver out to get it Nib-x coated. Has anyone else done this? Should I send the BCG (JP lo-mass) out too? Or am I just looking for ways to spend extra money and none of it is worth it?

Also, for reference, this is how it sits now.... (Before someone starts talking to CPS, the BCG isn't installed and I still don't have a barrel on the gun...)

IMAGE_A066D585-B42C-441A-824A-144ABA93B0D1.JPG

Edited by midget

I think its an awesome pic and your PEPR mount should be arriving soon. Looks great. The coatings are cool, but absolutely not necessary if the gun is properly maintained and lubed regularly.

I think sending out the BC is probably a waste. The JP Low Mass Carrier is already nitrided which is one of the better metal treatments. The bolt itself getting NiB-x might help but I would only expect minimally and if you're going to do that why not the barrel extension too.

I think sending out the BC is probably a waste. The JP Low Mass Carrier is already nitrided which is one of the better metal treatments. The bolt itself getting NiB-x might help but I would only expect minimally and if you're going to do that why not the barrel extension too.

If I were completely worried about reliability issues, I would do the bolt and barrel extension. Right now, I am looking for ways to improve the action and make it feel much smoother. I like Nib-x for this very reason. You can run a minimal amount of lube while still being able to provide a reduced friction surface...

If it were me, I'd take the baby off the rifle. They just get in the way and the eye relief is terrible. Besides, sticking your face to close to that end can be dangerous.

Funny you mention that. I have him mounted in reverse of the way he normally works. He is actually is a field proven replacement for the M203... The only problem is that you might violate international law for biological weapons o.O