Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag release button

cpa5oh

I bought an XDM 5.25 9mm used, have been using it and love it, but I have one occasional problem that I could see hurting me at some point in a match - this gun has an extended mag release on it, and extended is good, but sometimes when I go to push it my hand on the other side of the gun is in such a position that it is putting force on the mag release from the other side. I've not had this problem with any other gun (CZ, Glock, Tanfoglio.)

Has anyone else had/noticed this problem and is there any resolution to it? If the mag release button on the other side just didn't stick out as far as it does I'd have no problem...I'd imagine it's against USPSA Production rules to grind it down so that it basically sits flush on the right side...

Cpa50h What mag release did your Xdm come with ? I have a stock 3.8 never had this problem. I also have a 5.25 from Canyon Creek Customs that has there extended mag release in it. But is only extended on the left side the right side is identical to being stock length maybe even a tad shorter.

Does the magazine release extend out both sides equally, or does it extend out one side more than the other? I don't know if it would help in your case, but they can be reversed so the other side is longer.