Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New mags don't fit my Witness Match 9mm

DoNoHarm

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm stumped. I've got a Witness Match 9mm from about '09 with three of the original mags and it runs great. Never had trouble with the original mags and they drop free.

Last week, I thought I'd get another set of three from EAA as backups. Called EAA and they tell me that the model 101935 (EA9M2005) 17 rounders are for my gun. Got them in on the weekend and they don't fit anything like the originals:

- VERY tight into magwell, have to force them in

- Removing a mag requires prying them out

- slide doesn't seem to rack smoothly

Although EAA tells me I have the right mags, I can't use these. Can anyone verify the model of the new mags by any chance?

- VERY tight into magwell, have to force them in

- Removing a mag requires prying them out

- slide doesn't seem to rack smoothly

Although EAA tells me I have the right mags, I can't use these. Can anyone verify the model of the new mags by any chance?

My 10mm mags are very tight when loading them into the magwell when loaded to full capacity and require pulling them out (if they're still fully loaded), but it doesn't bother me because I tend to reload rather forcefully and don't remove a full mag unless I'm practicing a "failure to feed" drill.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice guys. Got it resolved. Had to take both of your general recommendations to make them work:

1. Dremel'd and sanded the inside of the grips until the new K9 mags slid in smoothly

2. After number 1, found that they would not seat high enough for the mag catch to kick in. Took 7mmb's advice (thanks!) and sanded the top of the base pads as well and now I'm golden . . .

Thanks again!