Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Widening the LPA Notch?

Lee G

I have the LPA cut rear sight on my shadow. It has a .115" wide notch combined with a .095" dawson front. I made the mistake of shooting a friends shadow in a steel match he other day and now I have to have his sight picture which is a fixed rear .125" rear notch and a .100" wide front.

I have looked all over and can't find an LPA with any dimension over .115". Dawson has bomars, but no LPA like this. Am I the only chump out there that wants a wider notch on his adjustables? Has anybody tried widening the notch? I'm sure I could get a machinist to do it, but for .005 from each side it seems Iike I could do it with a file.

Lee...here is one. I believe it has a .127 width. I broke the stock Bomar/LPA from CZC and replaced it with this sight; so far, I like it more than the stock Bomar/LPA.

http://www.caspianar...tegory_Code=SLA

I have the LPA cut rear sight on my shadow. It has a .115" wide notch combined with a .095" dawson front. I made the mistake of shooting a friends shadow in a steel match he other day and now I have to have his sight picture which is a fixed rear .125" rear notch and a .100" wide front.

I have looked all over and can't find an LPA with any dimension over .115". Dawson has bomars, but no LPA like this. Am I the only chump out there that wants a wider notch on his adjustables? Has anybody tried widening the notch? I'm sure I could get a machinist to do it, but for .005 from each side it seems Iike I could do it with a file.

Edited by justaute

Lee...here is one. I believe it has a .127 width. I broke the stock Bomar/LPA from CZC and replaced it with this sight; so far, I like it more than the stock Bomar/LPA.

That looks like it might be what I'm looking for. Looks like it has a relief cut for a deeper notch too. Is it deeper than the champion?

Didn't measure the width -- can't do it either as I'm not around. I think that relief cut, and the side cuts, is more for aesthetic in that I haven't really noticed it in my shooting. The 45 deg relief cut on the bottom of the sight blade is helpful for hammer clearance, depending on the height of your front sight. I try to keep my front sight relatively short/low.

I can measure the notch depth when I get home. You can also call Caspian as it seems to have a really good customer service.

That looks like it might be what I'm looking for. Looks like it has a relief cut for a deeper notch too. Is it deeper than the champion?

Edited by justaute