Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

level I RO class and Level II CRO class

woof

I hope I can post this here. If not MODs please move this to were it belongs.

The Wayne County Raccoon Hunters club will be hosting a Level I RO class and a Level II CRO class the last week in March. The CRO class will be on Thursday the 28th & Friday the 29th from 6-10 pm each night. The Level I RO course will be Saturday the 30th (8-5pm) and Sunday morning the 31st from(8-12pm). The CRO course is $40 per person to attend. If I charge $50, then we will have pizza’s and pop for all attending so that you don’t have to worry about dinner for the CRO course. For the RO course it will be $50 as well so that I will have Logan’s cater a nice BBQ lunch on Saturday. This way we don’t have to worry about a long lunch break.

The courses will be held at the following location

Firearms Exchange Gun Range

30305 Schoolcraft Road

Livonia, MI 48154

734-422-4867

I-96 Jeffries Freeway Service Drive just west of Middlebelt Road.

Park in back of the building please.

If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact me. First come first served on the class seats so get your entry and $$ into me as soon as possible. Please make out checks to The Wayne County Raccoon Hunters for $40 and bring the $10 cash to the course for food. If you can think of anyone in the area who would benefit from taking a class, please pass this email on. This is open to any USPSA member regardless of where their home club is located. The CRO class is only for those who have been an RO for a year.

Mail the application to my address which is as follows:

Roy Neal

121 Pinewood Circle

Plymouth, MI 48170

Thank you

woof

Rob,

Thank you for posting this for me as I have been a bit under the weather as of late (i.e.....sick as a dog over Christmas break.....ugghhh).

This is a great opportunity to clubs to get thier people all trained up in one weekend. I have room for about 30 in each class with first come first served=whomever gets thier application and check into me first gets the spots in class. Only fair. Do not wait around to get your paperwork into me. Last year for the Level I RO class I had to turn people away since I was filled up by the 2nd week in January. Especially for the CRO class. I don't know of another one being offered in the area.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Roy

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought that I should bring this BTT.

Brian

Good idea.

I remember I used to think that if an RO class was offered, I might be able to skip it...because there will be another one next year.

Right?

Wrong. There isn't a set revolving schedule. If your club, or one within a reasonable distance has one this year, doesn't mean they'll have another one in the next 3-5 years.

Get in while you can...

Ok, back from the SHOT show (what a zoo!!!) running around with The Big Awesome and seeing so many of our friends in the industry. As of today, the RO class has 14 folks signed up and the CRO class has 11. I can't stress enough to people-get into these classes while you can. I know that I won't be doing another one for my range for a while. We have grown so much over the past couple of years, I needed to get our folks some training and we have the numbers (we avg'd 76 shooters per match last year so I need a lot of staff to run our 8+ stages for 200+ rounds at our monthly match). After this, I will have 15+RO's and 15-20 CRO's just at my club. So get your applications/checks in and we'll get you a slot for the class. Yes, I know it is Easter weekend. I didn't pick the dates, USPSA did after consulting with the instructor and when he would be available. If you have further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Roy

• 3 weeks later...

Update.........the RO class has 1..............that is UNO slots left in it for folks wanting to take the Level I RO class. First come first served as we are capping the class at 30.

The CRO class has 16 in it and is pretty much full as well. I can take a few others with a bit of arm twisting but for all intents and purposes, we are good at this point.

A big Thank You goes out to all of those folks who got me their applications in early. I do appreciate it.

These will be good seminars, the attendee's will learn a lot and the local clubs will benefit from all the certified RO's/CRO's and just plain better competitors.

Our area of the state is growing with many new competitors so we needed this. In the past two years, our club will have run 70+RO's through the course and 16+ CRO's.

Get your people trained and educated and it makes for better match's. Thank you Kim Williams for finding me a date and instructor for these seminars.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought that Roy had posted to for you but it look not so. The place to stay is the "Comfort Inn" at 29235 Buckingham St, Livonia, MI 48154(734) 458-7111 . It is located at Middlebelt and Schoolcraft (the freeway service drive). It is hidden behind the IHOP and Olive Garden on the east side of Middlebelt just north of Schoolcraft. I am told that this is where the RMI for the classes is staying.

Brian

edited for more precise location.

Edited by Too_Slow

Well I thought that Roy had posted to for you but it look not so. The place to stay is the "Comfort Inn" at 29235 Buckingham St, Livonia, MI 48154(734) 458-7111 . It is located at Middlebelt and Schoolcraft (the freeway service drive). It is hidden behind the IHOP and Olive Garden on the east side of Middlebelt just north of Schoolcraft. I am told that this is where the RMI for the classes is staying.

Brian

edited for more precise location.

Thanks Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the instructor is staying at the Comfort Inn on Ann Arbor Road & I-275 in Plymouth since that is by my home and on the way to & from the range for me since I am Art's driver for the time he is here........but close enough. Either one will will be just fine.

Thanks to all who signed up early for these classes. I have had to turn away some folks because they did not believe me that these were going to fill up fast. See all of you in a couple of weeks.

R

Anything we should bring to class? Obviously something to take notes but what about timer, copy of rule book?

And yes, my stupid questions will probably continue during class, but I'll try to keep them to a minimum :goof: