Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is the uspsa website down

The USPSA site has not had problems, however, there are occasional problems with the Domain Name System at various ISPs. If the name does not resolve, then you won't be able to find the site.

To check the DNS:

1. Open a DOS command window (start -> programs -> run and enter "cmd" in the window. If you're on an older version of windows, you may need to enter "command" instead of "cmd".

2. Enter the command "nslookup www.uspsa.org". Vieryf that it resolves to 67.15.14.83 (if you see 67.15.14.83 in the output, you're in good shape)

3. Repeat step #2 with "uspsa.org". It should resolve to the same address

If your DNS does not resolve, you need to either manually place an entry in your hosts table (stored in %systemroot%\windoes\drivers\etc\hosts) or have your ISP fix the DNS. If you manually edit hosts, you need to remember this as there is no guarantee we won't change the USPSA numeric IP some day.

I'll look into on-line payment from home tonite - what problems were you having with that?

There are a number of other sites on the same server as USPSA.org - www.sviguns.com, www.jprifles.com and www.boudrie.com come to mind. You can use those to verify the path to the server, but each non-working domain will still need to be indidivually "nslookup"ed.

Rob

Rob,

I was able to pay today.

Before, I wasn't able to click thru to the screen where we enter the actual cc info. Not from the "follow the link" by doing it all on the USPSA site, nor by getting there by using the address supplied in the email we get when we enter classification scores.