Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using a Hahn Precision front sight on their rifle?

lksyotas

Looking at all my options for irons only on my rifle. Want to shoot this year without optics an get back to good ol rifle marksmanship. I have researched all the threads I could find on what everyone is using. Was set on using a DPMS rear sight and JP Globe, JP stainless front sight, clamp on Armalite front sight, or Lipski/ Lyman combo.

Problem is most of the options I've looked at are out of stock everywhere I've looked.

I came across a sight maker that I haven't seen before: Hahn Precision. They offer a standard set screw or clamp on front sight. Anodized aluminum. Standard front sight posts.

I plan on putting whatever front sight I go with just behind the Titan brake or just in front of the Troy 15" Alpha rail to maximize my sight radius.

Anyone have any first hand info on the Hahn setup?

Thanks in advance,

Looks like it would be just fine. It is very sinmilar to the J.P. A2 front sight/adjstable gas block sight which a lot of us use.

Thanks for the response Kurt. I thought it looked promising especially since its aluminum. Should be a slight bit lighter than the JP version. I think I'll give it a try and report back on how it assembles.

I received the front sight today and it appears to be machined well and hard anodized with an even finish. It slid right on my Nordic barrel and locked down tight with the included set screws. It didn't come with a front sight post or retainer so I'll have to fish around for one before I get it out to the range for a test fire. Anyway, here are a few photos of its weight, length, and installed. I think it looks asthetically pleasing as its round backside fits almost perfectly against the titan rail. I left a .020" gap between the base and the rail to allow the rail to free float without touching.

458259CD-2B9E-4CCF-9698-C735EE1B7936-3008-000001C6CDC741F8.jpgB3B6F6E7-0FC1-4305-99FB-5833B38A2AE1-3008-000001C6D794DFFE.jpg

DB724EBD-C424-441B-8E5B-6CE7FC882FB3-3008-000001C7A6198177.jpg

E19C1E5D-1D0F-4F83-B22C-A8E15CD8A154-3008-000001C79B714406.jpg

Anyone know the best place to buy the front sight post and plunger components? I am thinking of getting a few different sizes ranging from mil-spec, .05, .03" to see which I prefer the most.