Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

non-standard range commands

ErikW

I don't know which one you mean Kyle but the guy who got DQ'ed at the Nats was(Pioneer Gun club is now a parkinglot) one of the Toledo club directors.  I'll say this the guys who ran that club took a LOT of mean and unnessesary crap from people and it's a miracle it lasted as long as it did.  As usual the people who bitched and whinned and basicaly ruined it for everyone were also the same people who couldn't lift a finger to contribute to the club.  People who were offended with self- rightous indignation if there were even asked to spend ten minutes of their prescious time to help tear down a stage.  If I seem a "little" upset about what happened in Toledo it's because it was the a great seven stage a month match with a regular 100+person turnout.  I see what happened to them starting to happen at other clubs and no one seems to give a rat's ass.

Now that I think of it I once got more complaints about my ROing at that match than I've gotten in the last two years combined.  But then again it was hard to replace a guy willing to put twelve hours in for free every month.

(Edited by John Thompson at 6:48 pm on Oct. 23, 2001)

Whew!  Non-regulation range commands?  Our club has been shooting IPSC since 1978, and its a hoot when a squad is formed of the old timers.  The range commands might go something like this:

RO:  "Questions?"

S:   "no."

RO:  "Heat 'em up."

S:   "OK"

RO:  "Ready?"

S:  Nods head

buzzer

At the end,

RO:  "Done?"

S:  Nods head

RO  "Clear it."

S:  empties and shows clear, gets RO head nod, closes and holsters

RO:  "Score 'em!"

But some of these guys have been shooting together since Jimmy Carter was President, and have been to weddings and funerals of each others families.  When a new face shows up, they get the correct and approved commands.