Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sierra seconds?

abn-rgr

Anyone tried Sierra seconds? I bought a couple pounds of 77GR HPBT to try out and was wondering if anyone else here had experience with them as far as "3 gun" accuracy. I dont see any obvious issues with them, but havent weighed them yet either. I dont think being heavy or light one grain would cause that much issue. Thanks in advance.

I have had great results with their 77/69 gr seconds. Weighed a bunch, only had a few outside .02gr from target weight. I've stuck with the 69gr'ers just because my rifle shoots them the best. Got hits on 2moa steel at 600, and the batches I've tested group well under moa at 200.

Now on the other hand.. the 6.5mm 142smk.. depends on the batch. The first batch I got had some creases in the jackets, and the base to ogive variance was HUGE. Lots of unexplained flyers out past 500 yds where the same gun shoots AMAX's stellar. (I know 3 other shooters with the same results, unexplained fliers.. )

This next batch has been very consistant with very few irregularities noticed, and no unexplained fliers so far.