Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fast reloads !!!!

hopalong

OK it was raining today so I could not shoot my scheduled practice agenda.

Instead I put up a Metric IPSC target up under the HI-Power shed and made sure the bullets impacted the berm behind the target.

Thought I would practice draws, reloads and reaquasition of target.

Remember I'm shooting revolver now .45 ACP 625. target is 5 yds away

best draw and alpha. .87 pretty much out of control, just pulled the trigger when the front sight hit the bottom of the A zone.

Best draw and 2 alpha .94 with a .20 split.

Here is the best though.

Best draw, shoot 2 reload, shoot 2 reload shoot 2 (really no kidding)

1.07draw .20 split 1.97 reload :D .21 split 1.85 reload :P:D:lol: .21 split. !

Before today I had never hit 2 sub 2 second reloads in a row. <_<

I could get one but the other was always slower. :angry:

if I avereaged 10 reloads I think it would come out around 2.25 so the dry fire and reload practice is helping :)

Thanks for ya'lls time.

Sam Keen

Thanks Sam. I found that the trick to doing those fast reloads on command is not just endless repetition. It lies in being more aware of what your doing all the time. Find the elements of your reload that are inconsistent, and analyse and improve them. Keep up the good work!

Björn

BTW, my reloads are fast, but I'd sign for a consistent 1.85 every day ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I found that the trick to doing those fast reloads on command is not just endless repetition

Holy crap, I just realized that when I read your post. I was dry-firing like crazy last spring, and somehow my reloads just wouldn't improve. My skill actually degraded, I started to fumble mags every now and then. BTW, I don't shoot Rev Div, not that it matters.

Now I'm just confused. Should I dry fire a lot and if not, how much is enough? :wacko:

Now I'm just confused. Should I dry fire a lot and if not, how much is enough? :wacko:

It is more important HOW you practice than HOW MUCH you practice. If you practice to be fast and "on the edge" all the time, that is what you will be when match day comes. You'll occasionally be fast, and you'll occasionally fumble. If you practice to be consistent, that is what you'll be when match day comes. You are what you practice.

So if you practice to be consistent, and improve the speed while maintaining the consistency, and practice with that intention a lot, your reloads will probably improve significantly.