Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help finding BasePads for Armscor Double Stack

Beebs317

Any advice on where to buy 140mm base pads for a Rock Island 9mm/22tcm double stack. The Factory mag is too short to wear an Arrandondo base. I guess I need old Para mags, but where to buy??

Edited by Beebs317

Thanks, I'm looking for the OLDER longer mag-body. Dawson states that they don't have a base pad that fits the newer shorter Para/Mecgar/?? mags. I tried an Arrandondo pad and it will not lock-up. Before I start modifying the Mag Release or basepad or the pistol, I figured I'd ask if anyone else has a solution.

You may be able to buy/adjust a mag release to use sti or sv mags. Might try one & see. I had issues with the mag release with S*I mags in my Para.

Unfortunately the Dawson ICE for Para (my favorite 2011 magwell) sticks down further than other magwells making short mags even worse. I don't know if Para magwells would work for that model, I would think so.

Canyon Creek used to have a mag release you could buy for Para's to accept S*I mags. I don't see it on his site anymore, but he might make one for you.

Edited by furyalecto

my para for 3gun takes STI mags and the gun doubles as my backup limited gun for my STI its great using the same mags for both. but back on topic, I see problems with the Dawson magwell, the S&A on my 14-45 takes any base pad, and my other para had the frame shortened then custom magwell installed so I can even use 126mm STI mags without issue.