Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just Bought an Akdal and 10rd Factory Mags now What?

CocoBolo

Finally got to the range and tried the gun out shooting slugs. I had a Barska 50mm red dot on it that lasted 6 shots and the lens shattered. The gun ran with all of my 10 rd mags and wolf slugs. Glad I shot them all up. I did have some light strikes but I put them to the side at the end of the session I shot all of them no problem. The gun kicks about like you expect a pump shotgun to kick, the trigger suks dead bears. When I get another optic I'll give it another go, will have to track down more slugs. I didn't hit much with no sights but feel good that it had no feeding issues.

Finally got to the range and tried the gun out shooting slugs. I had a Barska 50mm red dot on it that lasted 6 shots and the lens shattered. The gun ran with all of my 10 rd mags and wolf slugs. Glad I shot them all up. I did have some light strikes but I put them to the side at the end of the session I shot all of them no problem. The gun kicks about like you expect a pump shotgun to kick, the trigger suks dead bears. When I get another optic I'll give it another go, will have to track down more slugs. I didn't hit much with no sights but feel good that it had no feeding issues.

I thought you'd mounted an Eotech?

I wouldn't put a Barska on a .22. :surprise:

I'm assuming you were running full power, Wolf slugs.

I run light trap loads, and reduced recoil stuff.

My full-blown Firebird, even with two recoil reducers in the stock, kicks more than my JP, open, 1100, but, it isn't horrible.

My full-blown Firebird, even with two recoil reducers in the stock, kicks more than my JP, open, 1100, but, it isn't horrible.

I took the EOTech off and put it on my new AR, and that is another story of range horror. Yes so the shotgun farted and fell, so next I pick the AR up set the eotech nice and bright line the rest up take a few dry fires. Now I slam the mag home settle in to shoot in the gun and the eotech goes dark, run to wal-mart for new batteries and those didn't work either, just took it off and shot no sights. I had that Barska on an AR for a while worked good, and I have a 3x9 barska that works great. My primar AR is very light, the new one is a bit heavy with fluted 20" barrel and a Rolling Thunder Comp Quad rail free float etc. It didn't even move when fired. After about an hour of cleaning contacts the EOTech fired back up.

I'm looking for another DOT for the shotgun, I have a C-More that needs to go in for repair, cracked frame I may just trade it out for a rail mount, or take the Burris Fast Fire off my 1100, and slap it on this gun. I still just love my FN SLP maybe I just go Iron Sights, trade off an open gun for a 6" 9 mm.

I skipped Saga since the kick like a mule, but the Akdal does as well.

I took the EOTech off and put it on my new AR, and that is another story of range horror. Yes so the shotgun farted and fell, so next I pick the AR up set the eotech nice and bright line the rest up take a few dry fires. Now I slam the mag home settle in to shoot in the gun and the eotech goes dark, run to wal-mart for new batteries and those didn't work either, just took it off and shot no sights. I had that Barska on an AR for a while worked good, and I have a 3x9 barska that works great. My primar AR is very light, the new one is a bit heavy with fluted 20" barrel and a Rolling Thunder Comp Quad rail free float etc. It didn't even move when fired. After about an hour of cleaning contacts the EOTech fired back up.

I'm looking for another DOT for the shotgun, I have a C-More that needs to go in for repair, cracked frame I may just trade it out for a rail mount, or take the Burris Fast Fire off my 1100, and slap it on this gun. I still just love my FN SLP maybe I just go Iron Sights, trade off an open gun for a 6" 9 mm.

I skipped Saga since the kick like a mule, but the Akdal does as well.

Wow, if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any at all! :goof:

I originally was going to put an OKO on my shotgun. I don't recall why it didn't work out. I ended up putting on a Fastfire, but, had to put a spacer under it because there wasn't enough heith adjustment, when it was just mounted to the upper. I THOUGHT I liked the fastfire, but, we shot a stage, in the woods, just at dark, at the Rockcastle shotgun match, and the dot was so bright that I couldn't see the targets. :sick:

When I first got my shotgun from Firebird, eventhough it was ported for the comp. they didn't send a comp with the shotgun because they had them on backorder from their supplier. Once the comp showed up, it reduced recoil a LOT, but, I still put two recoil reducers in the stock tube, and that made it better, but, shooting slugs from the bench, I can tell my JP 1100 is still a lot softer. If I could reload the JP with tecloaders like Jerry, I wouldn't even think of shooting a box mag gun.