Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE in North Mississippi

hopalong

Just thought I would spread the word a little.....

CRSSA in Glen Mississippi ( Corinth for mapquest )

is hosting an ICORE match the 25th of September shooting starts at 1:00 pm

we will be having the 4 stages of the postal match, plus maybe one or two fun stages.

I know this conflicts with the IDPA nationals and I'm sorry but it is the only day we can do it.

Directions to the range at www.crssa.com

there will be no ICORE info on the web site as we are not affiliated with them as of yet but if we get enough interest we may.

Equipment rules and other rules at www.icore.org

if more info needed my e-mail srkdraws@bellsouth.net

or 731-645-4403 I will be at the USPSA nationals from the 11th to the 19th

hope to see you there....no need in bringing the bottom feeders at all as they will be limited to 1 shot only :P

Sam Keen

Mikey 357,

Go to the referenced website, on the main page click on the BLUE Link that says MAP.

The map is from Corinth, MS if you need to use Mapquest or the sort.

Good luck and thanks for the intrest.

All else looking could you please post if you are thinking about coming....

That way I will have an Idea if we need to plan for more than just the locals shooting...

Thanks

SAM KEEN/ Hopalong

• 3 weeks later...

One more reminder about ICORE postal match.

This Sunday the 25th of Sept.

1:00 pm at the CRSSA range in Glen, MS (Corinth for Mapquest 12 miles east of Corinth on HWY 72)

Cost will only cover the cost of the targets.

SAM

Sorry, Missprint.... The ICORE match is Saturday the 25th, we also shoot a steel match Sunday at 1:00 thanks Shooter Grrl

Sam,

let us know how the match goes. And what were the thoughts of the match. I am running the Postal Match in Tulsa on the 26th. I am hoping for a good turnout and some good fun. later rdd

Ok "HOUSTON WE'VE GOT A PROBLEM" <_<<_<<_<:angry::angry::angry:

It looks like Fed Ex has lost our Targets which should have been here early in the week, They said they would find them and get them to us....

So it looks like this, We will not have official targets available for the match Saturday so If any of ya'll were planning on comming please change your plans

No body is more disapointed than I am on this and this is a repeat from Fed Ex on lost packages to our Club.

If they show up in time we plan to set it up and run it during the week so at least we can get our local shooters in on the postal match.

SORRY GUYS/GALS

the targets were ordered before I left to Nationals.... plenty of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopalong,

How did your ICORE Postal Match go? I had a real light turnout in Tulsa. The stage called "They're All Hard" was a bear, not for the tight shots but you kept crossing over targets to get to the correct one. I did not do badly but I found out that the Aussies had a better score than me. Ron let me know that I am not as good as I used to be and I wasn't any good then. :blink:

Bubber

We ended getting the targets Tuesday, Tried to round up some shooters for Thursday evening, ended up with two here are scores.

Matt Beck Unclassified

1 Line them up. 45.72

2 Triple Treat 51.17

3 Move or Not 27.70

4 They're all hard 48.02

Total 172.61

Sam Keen Unclassified

1 Line them up 33.22

2 Triple treat 39.15

3 Move or Not 22.23

4 They're all hard 51.81

Total 146.41

I shot the new 646 and the cases only slightly stuck one time but I found out I had grabbed the wrong loads and shot some I shoot in the bottom feeder (a little dirty). so it could have been dirty too.

On the 4th stage the dirty loads bit me as some unburnt powder got under the star and I could not close the cylinder so I had to eject, blow out from under it, try again, and blow out one more time before it would run so that kind of puked me for the stage.

Sorry for the late answer, I have spent the weekend in Rolla, MO at the Fall Classic, Good match will elaborate on it on the Match thread very soon.

SAM

WOW what a small world...I didnt realize i have been shooting with Bubber every month icore for some time now :huh: Anyways always nice to put faces with names on here... :D

One day i will figure out how to make ma wheelie run like his and chase him :P

till then Frederick

Firewalker, same goes here. I read your posts and think I should know this guy what he says sounds familiar. Great to get aquainted.

John R let's see if I can paste my results. Let me preface it with I could of done better and shot stage 2 again for fun and was able to knock off 2 seconds from my time but oh well as Phil always says woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Well that did not work.

Name Div Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3 Stage 4 Total

Roger Davis Open 22.38 21.93 12.42 27.23 83.96

Not as good as I wanted but what I deserved. :angry: later rdd

That's a darn good time Bubber, just like when you were back in AZ chewing on Vics butt to pick up the pace.

Vic P. 18.65 18.11 21.59 21.33 79.68

John R. 31.13 25.65 11.41 26.16 95.35

Kirby G. 25.55 25.40 21.86 29.03 101.84

Vic and I thought that Kirby was going to woop it up on us in stage 3 with his 10 shot, but he got ahead of himself and forgot to shoot the last 2 shots on the 2nd target. He probably could of run a Mid 7 sec

I'm going to a RO's class in alamagordo this weekend and will be setting up for the first time here in NM the postal for some local wheel gun shooters, so I'll try and knock 15 seconds off my first two stages.

john

John,

Good Job. Get those guys in New Mexico into ICORE shooting and breathe more life into the wheelgun game. And to quote Phil R. one more time "Ifin" I woulda shot stage 2 with out worring about the X's, and got them anyway, I coulda got better and shoulda finished higher. later rdd

Also Make Vic go down to NM to shoot with ya. If you can go to Phx why not him go to Alamogordo

I edited it after I checked the spelling.

Edited by Bubber

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...