Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

To Learn of a Friends Death

Jon Merricks

To tell you  a little more, Lt. Monica Carey was a Police Officer with the City of Clayton, NC. I have'nt seen her in a couple of years but still consider her a friend. She was killed when she was ran over by a drug dealer during a sting. (He was shot and killed by other Officers).  Often times we take forgranted when Officers are killed because we don't know them. Monica's death has inspired me to do something.  I am going to try to start a fund raiser to raise money for the children of North Carolina Officers that have died in the line of duty this year. Most people think that when an Officer is killed that the family gets all kinds of money. Not true. If I were to get killed my wife would get around $43,000.00. I hope this will turn into a yearly event to provide some extra money for their children about Christmas time. I will let you know how it goes and after I get it set up will post information on how you can give donations if you would like to.

• 1 month later...

I'm so sorry for the delay. It seems that this was tried a couple of months ago (not for the 9-11 victims) and the media and public scrutinized what the Law Enforcement community was trying to do. It even came to the point to where it brought a hardship on the families envolved.  So I discussed this with my Chief and we are going to wait until 02 during the LE month to do anything.  It kind of pisses me off that Officers still get shitted on after they get killed. I will post further info for Slain Officers if you still feel led to give.