Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Redding T-7 Turret Press?

Mastiff

This is my first post, so I figured that I'll dive right in. I am currently using a XL650 to load the 9, 44m, 45acp, etc. I like loading shotshells on the SL900. The SL900 works fine, but it will test your patience and can make the 650 look easy. Now I'm looking at reloading rifle, 22-250, 300 and 223. Does any one use the Redding T-7?

I watched a few you-tube videos on using the T-7 making precision loads and it looks like some serious (seriously) fun. I'd like to hear what the pros have to say and maybe offer up a list of the items you need aside from the press. Looking at a Sinclair catalog, you wonder where to start. Other than doing volume 223 for an AR on the XL650, the T-7 seems like the way to go on the other calibers. Let's hear from the pros...

Thanks in advance

Dog

I have two presses. XL650 for all my pistol rounds and .223. And the Redding T-7 for everything else. The only way to improve on this combination is if you shoot a whole bunch of rounds per month is to replace the 650 with a 1050.

I love my T-7, it's built like a tank. Plus you can keep a couple of rifle calibers setup on it and still have a station for a Grx and a decapping die. Also extra turrets aren't terribly expensive if you want to go that route.

Take a good hard look at a Forster Co-Ax, the dies snap in/out with loss of adjustment, no shell holders required, cases float in the jaws, dies float in the press, ie straight ammo easier to make, 2-3 times mechanical advantage over any other press, superior spent primer retention, down side is the ergonomics because the cases go in/out from the front only, and no push through dies, I have mine mounted on a SD strong mount.

• 2 weeks later...

My current reloading arsenal is:

2 Dillon 650 (1 small primer, 1 large).

1 RCBS Rockchucker (had this from the beginning, but no longer use it)

1 Redding T-7

I do load 223 on the 650

All other rifle is on the T-7, it is a great machine.

My T-7 press gets all the rifle work, which is primarily hunting rounds. As well it gets the odd ball stuff, that I do not load enough to justify the caliber conversions, tool heads to bother with the 650.

Universal decaping is on the T-7 also. I do have a second turret head, just got it and will be using it this winter.

Shadowrider mentioned a station for a Grx....what is a Grx, I don't know what it is but I am pretty sure I will want one!

Reloading does not save money, but you will shoot much more.

Fred

Mastiff,

Sorry I'm just getting back, I gotta check my notification settings, they ain't working. I use a Hodgepodge of dies. Mostly Hornady from when I had my LNL AP. I do really like their seating dies. But I recently bought a set of Dillon .223 dies and they are much "smoother running" than the Hornady set I had. I love them. Also if you load lead bullets the Dillon pistol dies are real nice in that you can pop them apart to clean real fast. I also have a set of Redding Pro Series dies that are real nice and probably the best dies on the market for jacketed bullets (they're real tight).