Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Schuemann Barrel ports

mcoliver

A new schuemann barrel is too expensive back here (about $400+).

This is actually a package deal where the barrel comes with a complete Caspian slide upper and may be too good to pass up. However, I don't feel like running 6 ports and would prefer only two or three.

a new custom built STI open gun back here in Manila will run you about $3600 today. used to be around $2200 a year ago.

since the PF was lowered for open, a lot of these old open guns upper assemblis are being sold. and it really is such a shame to let these 170+PF uppers go to waste. So a lot of shooters are recycling the units to work at the lower PF.

drill holes out & tap & put in a allen head screw.

Thanks a lot Benny. :)

$400? Seems like there's some unexploited gains from trade here. I bet one of us could buy the barrel and ship it to you for a lot less, even if you lived in Antarctica!

Yeah, it's that expensive. And that's for the undrilled barrel. Add another $100 or so for those with porting already. The idea of shipping the barrel is really enticing and I've thought about that. Unfortunately, our laws back here consider the barrel a complete gun, so it cannot be "moved" easily. :(

Move, and i mean fast...a barrel a complete gun,. thats silly... <_<

texas welcomes you....STI and SV are here...as well as some of the best smiths in the business.

benny hill was right on the money...plug the ports with allen head plugs.

Move, and i mean fast...a barrel a complete gun,. thats silly... <_<

texas welcomes you....STI and SV are here...as well as some of the best smiths in the business.

benny hill was right on the money...plug the ports with allen head plugs.

yeah if im going to immigrate texas is my top choice. though immigration is hell in usa right now and i have a business to run :P

and as for plugging the holes. thats easy! booger will do just fine especially now we have rains and floods in the Philippines. easy to come by with :D:wacko::D:wacko:

Oliver how much is the top end?