Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

True Blue

PaulW

Ahhh, at first I thought I had been Flexisized (my new term for Flex giving me a link to my question). But none of the data supports my question. I did gain insight on TB with a 124/125, but I was wondering about TB with 115's.

WEW...I hate getting Flexisized!! :D

Paul,

I've noticed the same. I was looking at it real close and the powder height at 8.0 grains doesn't even come close to the bottom of the bullet when it is seated to 9mm specs. (not long like alot of shooters are loading.)

I'll be trying it after the Nats. I dont want to change what I am doing right now too much. I should have data before the end of Sept.

Alan

I think that I would be hesitant to bump the powder charge past 8.2ish. In my load development with TB, I found the primers (WSR) starting to flatten at 7.6ish, and just plain flat at 8.0. They aren't top-hatting yet (when the primer flows across to the edges, and then the primer looks like a top hat when de-primed), but they are on the verge.

I did experiment with SP2 and 115s when I still had a SP2 supply. I did back-to-back tests 115-to-125 Zeros, each making 165ish pf. In blind tests, having someone else hand me a loaded mag, I could not tell a difference shooting in a short course of fire. When doing the same blind test at a slow fire target, I could tell that 115's were louder / blasty-er than the 125, but the dot movement was very similar. I am a B-class on the way to A / M, hopefully next year, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. You may be able to SEE more than me. Hope that helps.