Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round mags

buckaroo45

I recently bought some Chip McCormick 10 round mags for Single Stack minor in my Taurus PT1911. I loaded some 185 gr fmj swc to 1.19 and a few to 1.250 and the first 2 rounds nosedive into the feed ramp, 3rd round feeds with a hesitation before going into battery. 6 rounds or less in the mag and they feed perfectly! Investigation shows a 1/4" or so gap between the bullet end of the rounds till it gets down to 6 rounds in the mag then the rounds seat parallel. Feed lips match those on my Wilson 47D's. The 47D's also have a pronounced gap between the first few bullets but feed correctly. BTW, the gap between rounds is also there with 230 fmj ball. Can't see any scuff marks on the cases indicating a sharp edge on the lips dragging on the case. Any ideas on how to get them to feed?

so did you load em to 1.19 or 1.25????

I had trubs with some lengths as well, (CMC 10s in a LesBaer) 1.25 in 230 ball runs just fine, but when running 185 JHP I have to go shorter, 1.15 or so. when I loaded the 185s to 1.25 they nose dived, shortened them up and they ran fine.

jj