Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noveske k9 and similar accessories?

I have been using them for a while now and recently got the gen 2 model.

Pros's

Works great in ports on a stable barricade. If you can set them up on the each side and the bottom of the gun. I always try to use 2 of them by putting the gun in a corner for 2 points of contact.

Cons.

1. Its hard to get them at the right distance on the handguard. Too far out and you will be in a akward less thn stable position when shooting. Too close to the mag well and you will grab them when your shooting and that can smart.

2. They will hurt you more than help you if you try to use them on all barricades. They suck on less stable barricades vs using your hand or a conventional approach because with each shot will have to reset yourself as the spikes break contact from the wobbly barricade.

Overall I think they are worthwhile but you need to know when to use them to your best advantage and don't be like me when I first got them and always try to find an excuse to use them.

Pat

Noveske K9

I love mine

I agree they have their place against stable barricades

the other down side is after you gently slam it into a stable barricade and get your shot(s) off and you leave in a big rush to get to the next shooting position you have the tendency to take small bits of the barricade with you.

I have found this makes the match director "Grumpy" that my unfair, cheating ass, illegal equipment is ruining his walls and barricades.

not to mention what happens to the carpeted dump box, apparently they don't like aggressive edges either.

I like em. Hell they even work great in the field hunting. The problem with them though is a lot on matches are outlawing them because of damages to props and barricades. But, if you mount a Rail-Mag magazine carrier on your rifle you get more contact area, a quick handy spare mag, and no "Grumpy MD's". Just my 2cents.

I like em. Hell they even work great in the field hunting. The problem with them though is a lot on matches are outlawing them because of damages to props and barricades. But, if you mount a Rail-Mag magazine carrier on your rifle you get more contact area, a quick handy spare mag, and no "Grumpy MD's". Just my 2cents.

The rail-mag mag idea is fine but it does not do the same thing. Which matches have banned them? I have heard rumors but never specifics.

Pat

I just ordered 3 to put on my rifle. I hope the investment is worth it! I really need something to anchor my gun on those trees I always have to shoot next to for 300-500 yard shots--I'm getting tired of my shaky hands throwing those shots off.

Which matches have banned them? I have heard rumors but never specifics.

Pat

Two matches I have attended restricted the use of these devices:

Ozark 3-Gun Championships in Missouri has this in their rules:

5.7a Prohibited devices include, but are not limited to, supporting devices that risk excess damage to props and/or pose a potential safety risk to shooters are prohibited. (i.e. the Hedgehog and like products are not allowed)

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championships in Kentucky has a similar rule:

5.6.1 Supporting devices that risk excess damage to props or pose a risk to shooters are prohibited. (i.e. the Hedgehog and like products are not allowed)