Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our high school starting a shooting team

Shooter115

Our school board recently approved a high school trap shooting team against the wishes of the district superintendent......Take that Sucka!!!

Here's a link to the story our local newspaper did on the issue.MAHS Shooting team

Article was written by the same reporter that covered our pistol matches earlier this year. Funny thing is she is not even a gun person. Here's the link to that one. Pistol Story

FYI if you read the article, none of our RO's ever said "Give em' Hell". Why she added that part in, I'll never know.

Good for him!!! He picks up a couple for and he'll be right there with me and I've been shooting for trap for years.

I've been helping the FFA put together their annual field sports day for a few years now. Good to see it taking hold and becoming a structured activity through the school. Can't wait to see more kids at the trap range this summer. It's been a long road for us trying to get more youth shooters at our club without much success. For the last several years we've more or less even been paying kids to come shoot. $5 buys a youth membership, includes 5 rounds of trap and we provide the shells :surprise: . Even at that had a hard time getting kids to come out..... finally last year we started to see a bit more interest :D

Good for him!!! He picks up a couple for and he'll be right there with me and I've been shooting for trap for years.

I've been helping the FFA put together their annual field sports day for a few years now. Good to see it taking hold and becoming a structured activity through the school. Can't wait to see more kids at the trap range this summer. It's been a long road for us trying to get more youth shooters at our club without much success. For the last several years we've more or less even been paying kids to come shoot. $5 buys a youth membership, includes 5 rounds of trap and we provide the shells :surprise: . Even at that had a hard time getting kids to come out..... finally last year we started to see a bit more interest :D

If only your club was within driving distance. My boys are paying 5 $ per round with a 1 $ tip and another 3 or so for a box of reloads. Of course the money comes from me but the range can't be making money with those prices.

We don't make any money on it, that's why I say we more or less pay kids to come shoot. The hopeful payoff is that more kids pick up on the shooting sports and it becomes a lifelong passion like it is for most of us. We also have a couple local businesses that help out the program by donating shells.

Our school board recently approved a high school trap shooting team against the wishes of the district superintendent......Take that Sucka!!!

Here's a link to the story our local newspaper did on the issue.MAHS Shooting team

Article was written by the same reporter that covered our pistol matches earlier this year. Funny thing is she is not even a gun person. Here's the link to that one. Pistol Story

FYI if you read the article, none of our RO's ever said "Give em' Hell". Why she added that part in, I'll never know.

Congrats on the shooting team! I wish more schools would allow or get involved with the shooting sports. I don't know much about trap, but if my sons school had any type of shooting sports program, I would be all over it. I may inquire with our school system to see if some type of shooting sport would be viable.