Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I HATE Time change

Round_Gun_Shooter

Try explaining the change in the clock to a very food driven Corgi.

<<<<<Him "Time to get up"

Me "Go lay down"

Him "Breakfast time"

Me "Your too early"

Him standing on my chest looking me square in the eye "It was breakfast time yesterday, it's Breakfast time NOW"

Gonna be a long week :angry2:

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

I feel fer ya,my pick woke me up at 4:am this morning she just gets on my pillow and licks me in the face---then growls if I don't get up..

so we have been on our walk she had her treet and now she is on the couch -- yea sleeping

post-14820-0-92344800-1352026218_thumb.j

Edited by EEH

Part of the 'on my schedule' dog club. Mine also decided it was time to get up earlier... which meant he caught the neighborhood bunny before it was ready...

Bunny

post-36387-0-65880600-1352032451_thumb.j

Bunny 'hunter'... by hunting I mean chasing/playing/cornering under steps and sniffing at it.

post-36387-0-45123100-1352032524_thumb.j

Edited by splitime

My 2 were up earlier too, but convinced them to lay down for a little bit longer.

Part of the 'on my schedule' dog club. Mine also decided it was time to get up earlier... which meant he caught the neighborhood bunny before it was ready...

Frankie says he's jealous. He's been trying to catch bunnies for a long time now, they always escape.

post-11739-0-30945600-1352037478_thumb.j

I can't stand daylight savings time. I am a man of habit and structure. This morning I got up at the usual time, without an alarm, and much to my chagrin it was an hour earlier than I needed it to be. How to kill an hour that I didn't need early in the morning...... I'm self employed and don't need daylight in the morning, prefer it in the evening when I'm trying to finish a project. I can't crank up a bike at 7am, my neighbors would kill me. Damn cat wanted to be fed an hour earlier tonight, and my girlfriend fell asleep at 9. I'm fighting to stay awake to watch the football game so that I'll hopefully get up at a respectable hour tomorrow. And so officially starts my seasonal bitchiness.

Gary your story reminded me of this 'Text From Dog' "comic":

tumblr_m6090eIvmP1rt9zy5o1_500.png

Being a computer guy I can't stand daylight savings or time zones in general. They cause so much pain. Calculating time is a programming nightmare especially when you have to factor in leap years and (god forbid) leap seconds and other such time geekery. Then there are tons of different time standards, Unix EPOCH, Windows EPOCH, IRIG, GPS Time, etc. I'd die a happy geek if we could all just agree to use UTC and the UNIX EPOCH (64bit version). Everyone knows the real Y2K bug is scheduled for 2/7/2036 when the 32bit UNIX epoch runs out of bits and rolls over to 0.

2036 you say. Right by then I will be 73. So IF I am still around I will be a grumpy old man, who may or may not have firearms, we will see later today I think.

So if you are right then I can come up there and kick your skinny geeky butt, if you are wrong I will still come up there and kick your skinny geeky butt.

In the meantime, time changes are time changes, close the bedroom door and put the dog on a chain outside for a week, he will get the message real quick. Once he figures that you feeding him is directly connected to you being happy, he will be a little less pushy. Even my cats have learned that. When I get home, my daughter suddenly leaps up off what she is sitting on and feeds the cats, usually an hour after they should have been fed, therefore I am greeted at the top of the driveway by two friendly cats and I don't even lift a finger to feed them. Magic really.