Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS 40 and buffers

Philo_Beddoe

I just purchased a TS 40 and have a question for those of you with high (10,000 plus)round counts in your TS 40 and have not used any sort of buffer. Have you noticed any excessive wear or battering to the frame or slide? I am very tempted to just ditch the buffers due reports of them causing malfunctions but I dont want to damage the gun.

Thanks

Edited by Philo_Beddoe

Not at all and I am over 50K.

Take the buffer, hold it firmly in your right hand and throw it as far away from your TS as you can. They will do nothing but cause a variety of issues with your gun. They were originally used wht the early IPSC Standards which was the model preceeding the TS had frame issues. The TS frame is different and has no need for the buffer.

Not at all and I am over 50K.

Take the buffer, hold it firmly in your right hand and throw it as far away from your TS as you can. They will do nothing but cause a variety of issues with your gun. They were originally used wht the early IPSC Standards which was the model preceeding the TS had frame issues. The TS frame is different and has no need for the buffer.

What weight of recoil spring are you running? Also do you know the weight of the factory TS hammer spring?

Neo

Could you spell out the "variety of issues" (problems) with using the buffers? I made some comments in the thread below (Shooting the TS) and I really am interested in this topic.

A-G

Edited by All-Gator

[

What weight of recoil spring are you running? Also do you know the weight of the factory TS hammer spring?

I run an 11lb recoil and 13 lb MS. I do run the extended firing pin and would recommend it if you go to these spring rates. I believe the stock MS is 17. Different people like different feels in their recoil impulse. I would try an 11 and 13 lb RS and a 13 and 15lb MS and see what suits your fancy.

Could you spell out the "variety of issues" (problems) with using the buffers? I made some comments in the thread below (Shooting the TS) and I really am interested in this topic.

Both ejection and feeding (nose dives mainly) issues. Not sure why, but my completely unproven theory is that the buffer forces the gun to short stroke and absorbes energy some and these guns just do not like that. Like I said though, I am just pulling that out of my butt.

Edited by Neomet

[

I run an 11lb recoil and 13 lb MS. I do run the extended firing pin and would recommend it if you go to these spring rates. I believe the stock MS is 17. Different people like different feels in their recoil impulse. I would try an 11 and 13 lb RS and a 13 and 15lb MS and see what suits your fancy.

Both ejection and feeding (nose dives mainly) issues. Not sure why, but my completely unproven theory is that the buffer forces the gun to short stroke and absorbes energy some and these guns just do not like that. Like I said though, I am just pulling that out of my butt.

Thank you for your replies. I would also guess that the buffer causes short stroke problems as it shortens the distance the slide travels.

Edited by Philo_Beddoe