Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cush .45 load

SVI4ME

I am also interested in VV 310 data as I just bought some. I will be using a 230 grain round nose.

SVI4ME,

what OAL are you using, and have you put your rounds through a chrono. I am shooting CDP and have to make 165 PF. Thanks

Hey guys, I have been using Vit 310 with a 230 gr. bullet for a few years now. I WAS using 4.0 for major, but after making only 165.3 PF at Area 3, I have bumped it up to 4.2.

I use that load in My Les Baer, with a 17 pound main spring, and a 14 pound recoil spring.

SVI4ME, how low you can go will largely depend on what springs you are running in the gun. You said stock, which is normally an 18 pound recoil spring, and I don't know if I would go much lower than Major PF with that spring. Also, I wouldn't go lower than a 10 pound recoil spring period. I messed around with as light as a 7 pounder, but to function the gun I think a 10 is as low as I would go. ;)

P.S. AOL should almost always be at 1.25 for the .45. I have gone up to 1.26 but in the end the stock standard length seems to work the best.