Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Trigger bar

GMB

I have not experienced breakage of the trigger bar, but then I installed a trigger kit from powder river precision (PRP) which uses a factory trigger with over travel adjusted. This relieves all stress on the trigger bar after firing since the trigger stop contacts the frame after the shot is fired. Springer Precision makes an upgraded trigger bar to be used with their sear that may be another good option for you with the added benefit of reduced travel, reset and pull.. I have the PRP with the factory springs, which give me a trigger pull of just over 5 pounds, so it is ipsc legal for production, while reducing travel and reset. Great thing about XDM is that with PRP and Springer there is a lot of tweaking you can do. Good luck.

I have used the SP stuff in some of my older XD's and it was fine. I'm just a little frustrated that this has happened twice now. SA's customer service is great and they always resolve the issue. It would be nice if they would take a page from SP and machine the part as one solid piece. The gun is on it's way back to SA for repair, additionaly I have had three slide releases break as well. Maybe I should just shoot them less.

I have used the SP stuff in some of my older XD's and it was fine. I'm just a little frustrated that this has happened twice now. SA's customer service is great and they always resolve the issue. It would be nice if they would take a page from SP and machine the part as one solid piece. The gun is on it's way back to SA for repair, additionaly I have had three slide releases break as well. Maybe I should just shoot them less.

Seriously, what are you doing to these guns?! Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well it only took SA 1 week to turn the gun around. They replaced the trigger bar and the Powder River safety lever. So now I need to do the trigger job and we are back up and running. I hope this trigger bar lasts longer than the first one. SA customer service is AWESOME!!!!!

That is why we make trigger bars and slide releases from high quality stainless steel and don't use or modify the stock trigger bars and don't take the cheap route on our trigger jobs.

SA does a great job replacing things that break.

You will get no argument about that from me. I run my XDm's pretty hard for both USPSA and IDPA. I will be getting one of your new slide releases to T&E to see if it works for me.