Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

223 brass prep services?

dskinsler83

To support his gun habit my 13 year old son has been processing a LOT of 223 brass and selling it. He is in a full time program for the extremely gifted, and isn't your average 13 year old.

Though he hasn't done other folks brass for them, I am sure he would be willing to do it for you. You can ship 1,000 pieces easily in a medium flat rate priority mail box.

Here is how he currently processes 223 brass:

1. It get's cleaned enough for decapping/resizing in traditional walnut media.

2. It get's decapped and full length resized.

3. If cases need swaged he swages them.

4. It get's hand sorted and any dinged or otherwise overly damaged cases are discarded.

5. It get's tumbled with stainless steel media that not only cleans the outside of the cases, but also cleans the inside of the cases and the primer pocket very, very well.

6. After rinsing and drying the cases are trimmed and chamfered using a Giraud trimmer.

Currently for Lake City brass, ready to load he is getting $120 per 1,000 and selling it as fast as he can produce it. For Federal and other brass he has been selling it for $5 less.

I am guessing he would be willing to prep your brass for $75 plus return postage if it doesn't need swaged, and slightly more if it does. Let me know if you are interested.

Me and my boy have been processing some brass for others here in MN for 30$ per K. Mostly the 3gun crowd.

Our process:

1) clean

2) lube

3) size / Deprime

4) swage

5) trim +- .003 of 1.750 ( most are within .002)

6) inspect

7) clean the lube off and polish

8) inspect and gauge a sample

We are using a dillon trimmer and the cut is straight. prices do not include shipping.

If you are interested in seeing our work send me a PM and we can work out a deal on a sample. I have some in stock now.

Retread