Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody running a .40 Bullseye?

pivoproseem

Anyone? Seems like a cheap way to scratch the 6in. gun itch....I bet the damn thing weighs more than my CZ Standard IPSC, "fat-free" it's not. How's the balance? I'm tempted to try one out for a while, even though I doubt I could shoot it any better than the gun I have now.

BULLSEYE-2.jpg

Bullseye is good stuff. A lot of people think that newer powders are better, but for a fast burn rate, Bullseye is tough to beat. Back when I was building custom 1911s, the few that I put on a rest all shot around a half inch at 25 yards with loads using Bullseye and 200g LSWCs. I shot Bullseye in .40 (limited gun) for a long time, but switched to N320 mainly because the US distributor is about 15 minutes from me.

I think there's some confusion in the replies; the gun pictured is the Tanfoglio Bullseye. Unless I'm mistaken the OP is talking about the gun, not the powder.

I have not shot one, but I greatly enjoyed my Witness longslide so the temptation is there. My current love affair is with my CZ 75 Tactical Sport.

Have not tried the Bullseye, but I do have a witness hunter. Have both 10mm and 45 top ends. Use the 45 for target work. It is outstanding. A little on the heavy side that I think the cuts in the Bullseye slide would take care of. Have yet to order a match 40 barrel to put on the 10mm slide, but know a shooter who has that arrangement and he likes it very much.

I would vote for you to go for it and please post your results.

Respectfully,

JW