Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please Critique, Thanks!

Allfat

I bought a HD808 Keychain camera from Ebay. It only cost about $45 to get all set up with the camera and SD card. Search ebay for "HD 808 #16" and look for the one with the 120* lens. That is what I am using. It records in 720P.

I attached it to my glasses with a little mount I made from some hobby plywood glued and screwed together, painted black, then attached to the camera via a small binder clip, so it is removable. Then the camera just sits on the mount with some velcro. I attached a couple of pictures of my setup.

post-41699-0-28842200-1349620392_thumb.j

post-41699-0-81472300-1349620399_thumb.j

Try keeping the gun higher and maybe a little further away from you body while reloading. The gun will naturally return back to its shooting position a little faster and you will beable to find the sights back quicker. You should beable to take a good .5 sec off the reload. Not that big of deal when reloading on the move but it is when you have to do a standing reload. Also you need to start presenting the gun to the targets as you come into position. Not after you are already in position. That way as soon as you stop you already have your sights and are pulling the trigger.

Try keeping the gun higher and maybe a little further away from you body while reloading. The gun will naturally return back to its shooting position a little faster and you will beable to find the sights back quicker. You should beable to take a good .5 sec off the reload. Not that big of deal when reloading on the move but it is when you have to do a standing reload. Also you need to start presenting the gun to the targets as you come into position. Not after you are already in position. That way as soon as you stop you already have your sights and are pulling the trigger.

Yeah, the shooting when getting into position thing will really help me out I think. It is really evident on the activated swingers. The better shooters were shooting the swingers at their first stationary position, but I didn't have my sights yet, so I had to wait for them to swing back again. There are other examples, but that one really illustrates it I think.

I will have to work on the reloads too. Some are good, some not so good. The one from the table screwed me up, I reached for my belt first, then had to grab off the table. I am glad I took all my mags off my belt, or I would have gotten a procedural from loading from my belt instead of the table.

I am pretty happy with my shooting times on stages where I don't have to move. On the stages with no movement, I was in the top 3 times, and the hits weren't bad either. It is when I have to move that screws me up. On stages that require a lot of movement, I can take up to twice the time as the fast guys, but I don't feel like I am moving slow. I don't know how to explain it, but hopefully I can figure it out.

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by Allfat

Nice shooting! Only thing I can think of is maybe try to break the shot off earlier on the swingers so you can get your two hits when it slows down and reverses its swing, instead of tracking it back up. Hell, id probably do the same thing though, how often can you get practice on swingers? :rolleyes:

Nice shooting! Only thing I can think of is maybe try to break the shot off earlier on the swingers so you can get your two hits when it slows down and reverses its swing, instead of tracking it back up. Hell, id probably do the same thing though, how often can you get practice on swingers? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have only shot a swinger one other time, so I don't have a lot of practice on them at all. I needed to make sure I was in position before hitting the activator, then I would have had time to break the shot as the first one came to a rest. But as I did it, I activated the targets, found my sights, and engaged. I should have found my sights, activated targets, then engage. I am shooting a match tomorrow and I will work on shooting into and out of positions. It may be rainy, so I don't know if I will get video, but I will try.

• 2 weeks later...

My latest match video. I tried to work on a lot of your tips here, and I think I did pretty good. My hits on steel need to improve, but my hits on paper are pretty good majority of the time. My weak hand only shooting sucks big time, I had 4 mikes on the stage with weak hand shooting. Let me know what you think.

On the second stage, after the first target I transitioned into my ejected brass. I don't know if that is good or bad, just thought it was kind of cool to see the brass bounce off the slide when I turned.

Edited by Allfat

I shot at TCGC on Sunday, and I missed 6 shots with my weak hand. I know what I am going to be practicing on this week.

Great, hopefully you did better with your finger off the trigger than at ARPC! Glad you are continuing and not letting your first DQ discourage you! I will probably be seeing you around.

I shot at TCGC on Sunday, and I missed 6 shots with my weak hand. I know what I am going to be practicing on this week.

Great, hopefully you did better with your finger off the trigger than at ARPC! Glad you are continuing and not letting your first DQ discourage you! I will probably be seeing you around.

Ha, yes, in fact the RO that was running us actually commented on my handling, I made darn sure my muzzle was pointed towards the berm, and my finger was no where near the trigger. I wanted to get one full match completed.

So, now I just need to work on my sights, cadence, and transitions. I know it takes time. I will be at ARPC for several hours Thursday.

See you around.

rg :cheers:

Am in different way, i change my mag in my eye level, just bend my elbow touching my chest and twisting my gun till

I see my magwell... Smoother less mistakes...

You are doing fine bro... Hows your hits anyways? There us no suck double tapping or splits shots... Instead of 1.2 3.4 5.6 way of shots try this 1-2-3-4-5-6 you got it? Looks slower but its faster than double tapping... Shooting the steel is patience, the more you shooter the more you will miss it... Take your time to aim it... Instead if taking 3-4 shot to hit it...if your not used to changing will running or walking try to reload first or release your magazine grab new one then run and when you get to your next shooting spot then load it... ;) hope it this helps :)

How were your points?

There were 560 total points in the match, I shot 437 counting my penalties, and 497 not counting penalties.

So that would be 78% with penalties, 88.75% without penalties.

I was first in C Production, 7th overall in production with 66.2%, and 20th overall with 55%. There were 58 competitors and 17 production shooters.