Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which main spring for reliable ignition?

Adam P.

I just came back from testing my custom extended firing pin on my Uzi Eagle. I love that gun and I want to use it in production while I send my TS off to the fat farm, but no one makes an extended firing pin for slide safety models, so I made one! I bought a stock Tanfoglio large frame firing pin, shaved down the sides to match the Jericho, then trimmed it to 2.480" (the number Henning uses for extended small frame Tanfos). Unfortunately the firing pin spring is longer on the clones than on CZs, so I can't get a reduced power firing pin spring either. Today I installed my new firing pin, clipped some coils and went to the range with my 8.5# hammer spring installed... I got light strikes about half the time, so I went to the car and switched to the 11.5# and shot 100 rounds trouble free. Since I'm obsessed with pushing the limits of what these guns are capable of, I think I'm going to call Wolff springs and see if they have a lighter spring that will work for me.

I think a big reason my Jericho seems to be less prone to light strikes than CZ75s (I can run bone stock with a 13# spring all day with any ammo I want) is the hammer; the clones (Witness, Jericho, I don't have direct experience with any others) use a full width hammer, like the TS, but the CZs use a hammer which is machined down to be narrower for some reason. I think it's this lighter hammer which contributes to light strikes when pushing it to the failure point.

ignition of all primers?

Federal pistol ignites 100% for me with13lbs spring cut 2 coils. I don't recommend it if you are going to use other primers besides the sensitive federal small pistol primer. All primers i'll use 15lbs. 13lbs uncut failed firing some winchester and berdan primers in my SP01 shadow before..