Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nice goose neck led ?

trp

Rockler woodworking has one. It has two heads on it, one is an LED only, the second is a magnifying glass surrounded by LEDs. I like the magnifying glass. I use it to magnify the pointer on my beam scale for better observation of the readings.

I think it can be seen mounted on my S1050. It has a strong magnet for a base. When I use it on the bench to read my scale I support the edge of the magnifying glass on my scale shelf and it stays put.

FinishedBench005.jpg

FinishedBench004.jpg

Edited by pmclaine

Hey the ikea jansjo is cheap and throws a ton of light. Check out the led page on their lighting section. It comes in two styles one with a weighted base and one with a clip. The weighted base is only 10 bucks. It is a pretty focused beam so you may have to back it up to see what you want. The ikea dioder under cabinet light stuff is also cool. It goes a ton of places. Check it all out.

What about a nice surface mount light for the ceiling? Any suggestions

How much do you want to be able to focus it? If you just want general illumination I would go with something like a fluorescent fixture.Although I try to do led lamps in those so you can skip the ballast hassle and the longer warm up time particularly in the cold. If you want a focused beam there are a bunch of mr16 led lamps that can be found that will go into a cheap fixture. If you look at environmental lights (all one word environmentallights on google) they have lamps that will go into cheap stuff you can get from lowes. They have stuff as small as 10deg spots that are very focused and on up to 50deg. If you can find a fixture that takes the gu10 base lamps that is the better way to go. I picked up one on sale that had 3 lamps in it. After a week and the halogens all died I went to led and it has been a happy thing.